Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue on iOS loading mobile site

Options
  • 24-08-2014 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

As headline says for the last week when using boards.ie the add space on the right of the page is a problem when i open a thread the words on that side of the page are hidden behind the add. Anyone had this problem before.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Having the same problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Can you take a screenshot and post it?

Thread would be better suited in the dev forum where the site techs would see it but a screeenshot / picture would be also be useful for them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭thereitisgone

Ok just clicked on a posy to take screenshot and problem has gone everything good again. I did nothing to try and fix it so very strange. If it comes back again will take screenshot and post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Please do, it'd be a big help because that's definitely not behaving as it should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭reera82

Same thing happening to me. Just tried uploading a screenshot. Hopefully it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

Having a problem with the ad when on an ipad. It's overlaying onto the posts and if zoom to read (as I often do), the ad doesn't scale down and takes up even more space.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jim from Cork

Same here on the Ipad.

Edit: of course now that I have posted here the ad bar is gone for 30 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Same here. Been happening for a week or so. image.jpg

Thanks for posting the images folks, they're a big help. We've got someone taking a look at it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Any timeframe for a fix on this? Having same thing happen to me on ipad

It's being worked on as we speak, so hopefully today or tomorrow should sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

See attached.

Loads eventually.

Chrome Version 38.0.2125.24.

Hey Frash, it a consistent problem or does it go away if you do a hard refresh (CTRL+F5) of the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I had the same issue a couple of hours ago. F5 sorted it. No probs since.

Yea, I get that myself on occasion, which is why I wanted to make sure it's not a problem after the refresh.

No - still the same after a hard refresh

Even restarting the browser it's the same.

Menu doesn't load until I click on the down arrow - it used to just load when I'd hoover over 'My Forums'.
    No issue with the the hoovering over my user name - that menu loads fine.

I've had some of our tech team looking into this - are you by chance using a beta build of Chrome? They've replicated the issue using version 38.0.2125.24 beta (64-bit).

Dav wrote: »
    I've had some of our tech team looking into this - are you by chance using a beta build of Chrome? They've replicated the issue using version 38.0.2125.24 beta (64-bit).

Yeap. Same version (see OP).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Having problem similar to this on iphone 5, started yesterday. The front page is unreadable due to banner ad on side

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Having problem similar to this on iphone 5, started yesterday. The front page is unreadable due to banner ad on side
    Apart from the banner ad, the full site on mobile is not rendering correctly. No links to threads/thread titles and the Thanks tab is sitting in front of the Latest Posts tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

Here's a screenshot of the view on my iPhone 5. The same also in portrait orientation on my ipad

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Same problem for me when viewing on iPad front page unreadable.

We're looking into it folks, I reckon that viewing the desktop site on so small a screen is definitely a factor though, but the tech team are looking into it to give me a definitive answer on what's happening.

Dav wrote: »
    We're looking into it folks, I reckon that viewing the desktop site on so small a screen is definitely a factor though, but the tech team are looking into it to give me a definitive answer on what's happening.

It's never been an issue up until yesterday. I can't stand the touch site. The full site has worked perfect on iphone 5 until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hey guys, the logged in view for the followed forums won't load properly. I've tried it on an iPhone 4s and iPad mini both running iOS 7.1.2 and using safari. Tried restarting the browser and deleting history, nothing works.

Yeah I'm having the same issue on iphone 5. Every page except the front page works fine. It's to do with the huge banner ad on the right hand side throwing everything out of shape I think.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Any update on this. Surely not a hard fix. Can we not change the location of the announcements box as it is taking up a huge amount of space.

Same here :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Boards.ie: Andres

Thanks for the heads up guys, we've pushed a fix for this.
    Please let us know if you see it happening again.

Thanks

Advertisement