Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Files with solicitor

• 26-11-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hiya

I am looking to get files from a solicitor the case will be about 16 years ago would the solicitor still have the files or would this to long to get them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

EmmaThomas wrote: »
    Hiya

I am looking to get files from a solicitor the case will be about 16 years ago would the solicitor still have the files or would this to long to get them?

Depends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

The oul crystal ball is on the blink today but if you give them a call and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Okay I've spent enough time being flippant. Ask the solicitor - 1997 might have been a bit early for a digital system, it might not. Let us know how you get on there might be some other channels you can try if the solicitor can't help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Depends on what sort of case it was. 16 years is very long and it may well have been destroyed, at best its in storage. Wills or property Deeds won't have been destroyed and are usually kept in the office.

Advertisement