Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access order for the father not working out

Options
  • 25-11-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi if anyone has any knowledge on this it would be really helpful ,you might say to contact a solicitor but I have been through the courts numerous times the past couple of months and at the moment I can't afford further private meetings with her.

Basically I'm an unmarried single mum of two young children.i left the father a couple of months ago ,it was a very complicated emotionally abusive relationship ,he is possibly facing prosecution for herassment and assault.i have a barring order,maintenance ,he has been given access...however this is my problem.

The access is not working out!i have to meet him in a public place with the children to hand over and over half the time I'm gettin herassed by him.further problems for example yesterday during his access he went off to work leaving the children with his latest girlfriend ,someone who I know nothing about!! I'm not happy about this and am wondering if an access order is not working out what can I do to stop it for the meantime ,if there is anything?(even the judge said at the time the access would not work out ,him meeting me,if I had a solution to provide someone to supervise the access he most likely would have granted that,but no family member /friend wants to be near him)

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PrincessDee

To add to that he has only paid one week maintenance since the order has been made (early October)!!!and he can well afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Even if the forum charter allowed advice (it doesn't), you would need to give all of the relevant details, to include the childrens' ages, etc., etc.

You need a solicitor to advise you and act for you if necessary. If you are not in a position to go back to your private solicitor at this point, you can go to the legal aid board. The legal aid board operates a private practitioner scheme, whereby they have a panel of private solicitors who they pay to act on behalf of people who qualify for legal aid.

Legal Aid Board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

I'm not giving advice, merely an anecdote if a similar situation. I recall when I was in AGS a couple who would come into the station to exchange their children, and the member on duty would have to sign to say they presented and exchanged. The order was made because of a similar situation to what was described in the op.

Having similar would involve getting your solicitor to request it thought the courts.

Advertisement