Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to study?

• 24-11-2013 6:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

Now that college is over I'm having trouble finding a place to study which has a large legal collection. The ILAC is the only place I know of but their books are for reference purposes only and can't be borrowed. Does anyone know what the story is for scanning books in the ILAC; is it free? I tried photographing pages but it doesn't seem to work.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Can you maintain an external library card with your former college? Tcd and ucd offer this to alumni and I think sometimes to non-alumni.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 paranoid pete

External library card? I haven't enquired about such. Do you think trinity or ucd could grant one to other NUI graduates?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

External library card? I haven't enquired about such. Do you think trinity or ucd could grant one to other NUI graduates?

I dunno, ask them. They would probably let you have some sort of temporary day access at any rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Day access to TCD won't allow you to borrow anything either. I suppose everyone is different but short of having left an assignment to the last minute Law Books simply act as a sort of sculpture to my laziness when ever they are taken home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 paranoid pete

Can you maintain an external library card with your former college? Tcd and ucd offer this to alumni and I think sometimes to non-alumni.

I tried with UCD this morning and they told me that it was 70 euro per quarter for non ucd graduates. This seems like a good deal considering law books go out of date quite quickly which would help save a few euro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement