Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New fleet announcement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

voter1983 wrote: »
    Is there any sign of these new cars arriving yet?

In the depot now not that many tho won't be all on the road by end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Reckon the i40 is the ideal car to have in silver instead of white. Be interesting to see how they do the radio/lights instal on the dashl as the i40 has a lot of iys controls integrated in one unit.

Reckon the i40 is the ideal car to have in silver instead of white. Be interesting to see how they do the radio/lights instal on the dashl as the i40 has a lot of iys controls integrated in one unit.

This looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Could this be ???

3fullback wrote: »
    Could this be ???

Unlikely with the AA sticker in the window and lack of front reg plate. No obvious lights on it either which you would expect on a traffic car.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

Looks great in red though :p

Could this be ???

That was at the checkpoint on quay today it was car stopped with no plate on it

POGAN any possibility you might be getting a few snaps of them in the garage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Does anyone know had something like an auris hybrid or Prius been looked at for a patrol car ?, seem to have low running costs and really reliable... Or are they way out when it comes to the real purchase price ?
    (before anyone says it I'm not suggesting them as a pursuit car/traffic car )

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    Does anyone know had something like an auris hybrid or Prius been looked at for a patrol car ?, seem to have low running costs and really reliable... Or are they way out when it comes to the real purchase price ?
    (before anyone says it I'm not suggesting them as a pursuit car/traffic car )

Toyotas didn't work out to in 2011/2012, I think hybrids were tested but the computer said noooooo ;)

• Advertisement

POGAN any possibility you might be getting a few snaps of them in the garage ?

Getting very strict about photos in depot talking to lads up there

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

i was up in the jonesborugh market at the weekend headed into newry going towards forkhill saw a PSNI convoy which included a audi A6 estate a skoda superb estate and 2 misibushi pagero's all unmarked, there was a raid on a house in forkhill during the week found 2 tennagers with bomb making materials, i know the PSNI have octavia and passat estates both marked and unmarked and a few landrover discovery 3's marked and unmarked. another thing i notice about the police vechiles up here is that there's no extra aerial to give away the car like the garda cars have, but on the other hand the bullet resitant glass sticks out a mile thats why i think the newer PSNI cars aren't amoured like before that and the cost i surpose.mind you they keep the older armoured cars going theres a couple of orginal vectre's still on the go and a couple of mondeo's aswell all around 2000-2002 mark, they must have serious milege at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Interesting on the Garda site looking for tender for maintenance of the Garda fleet
    http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=12649

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Just a tweet I saw today. You might pick up The Star.

The 270 new @GardaTraffic @HyundaiCarsIrl cars in today's @IsFearrAnStar - #Hyundai #i30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Can anybody get a pic uploaded? Pity they're i30's though! :rolleyes:

Can anybody get a pic uploaded? Pity they're i30's though! :rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you read, don't think there all i30s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

POGAN wrote: »
    Don't believe everything you read, don't think there all i30s

I wouldn't normally but Hyundai Ireland also retweeted the story :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

You can be sure they retweeted it, at last Hyundai's will be seen as a serious marque in this country.

are there pictures in the star ?

They won't go into details on what actually was bought

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

are there pictures in the star ?

Just a mock up that looks rubbish.

Just a mock up that looks rubbish.

Looked awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Does anyone have a picture of it?

Does anyone have a picture of it?

Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

So does anyone know for definite is it all i30's?
    If so then it can most definitely be said that the Gardai are now downsizing their vehicles.
    Those cars look too small and I suppose with the new fleet of Ford vans last year there appears to common theme of smaller vehicles.

I think however the i30s shown are not the type being used, I presume similar to the ford focuses which were all bought in the estate model, the i30s will be the estate model known as the i30 Tourer ! Hopefully it won't be just these, that there will be i40s !

Here.

Cheers for the pic, them graphics are horrendous though ! MS Paint job !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I think however the i30s shown are not the type being used, I presume similar to the ford focuses which were all bought in the estate model, the i30s will be the estate model known as the i30 Tourer ! Hopefully it won't be just these, that there will be i40s !

You could even question whether even an i40 is good enough :(

Obviously its good to see cars been replaced - but whether the cars been bought are the cars that should be purchased is debatable imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Sack the artist.

Advertisement