Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue on iOS loading mobile site

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Even with the forum name gone the tabs are still bunched up for me on Opera Mini .

The ad isn't even showing on the right for me, just a massive blank space and the new posts table squashed over into the corner.

If you're going to sacrifice parts of the table for the ad, put forum name back and cut away post and thanks count, they're useless really.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Dav thanks for the reply can you explain why the ad is blocking the views and making the ergonomics of the front page so bad. Is it so hard not to remove this layout. Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Blay wrote: »
    If you're going to sacrifice parts of the table for the ad, put forum name back and cut away post and thanks count, they're useless really.

This please. Although I don't see why it had to be changed in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

OK, there were 3 threads on this same issue, I've merged them all.

So, at the moment, if you have a narrow browser window (I think < 800 pixels) then we're snipping out a column to make the page display properly. I didn't know this was going to be the solution and I don't want forum name disappearing, so I'm going to see about getting that switched over today to something else (posts and thanks seem the best solution to me).

However, this all stems from a large add that we've been running for months, possibly over a year at this stage (I'll check) and obviously something's changed that has started making things messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

That's the annoying bit Dav. I'm a subscriber so no adds. Had no issues until the column was removed

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Dav wrote: »
    OK, there were 3 threads on this same issue, I've merged them all.

So, at the moment, if you have a narrow browser window (I think < 800 pixels) then we're snipping out a column to make the page display properly. I didn't know this was going to be the solution and I don't want forum name disappearing, so I'm going to see about getting that switched over today to something else (posts and thanks seem the best solution to me).

However, this all stems from a large add that we've been running for months, possibly over a year at this stage (I'll check) and obviously something's changed that has started making things messy.

Landscape on an iPad is what I posted earlier and it's got the problem and 2048 pixels.

Post and thanks would be better alright, but a better change like querying correctly and then rolling the thread title shorter over two lines would be a lot better. If anything has to be done at all, it was all fine for me until a change was made last week.

pn8v5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

The talk to ; three forum is crazy the text window is one digit wide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

OK, Andres has pushed out a fix for this for the issues with the Front page, please let us know if they've sorted this out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Seems to have fixed it. Many thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Yay! Nice job all.

SuuX05G.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Super thanks for sorting this Dav.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Great news, was really annoying !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Nice work gents