Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youtube on boards.ie

Options
  • 09-09-2014 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I can't seem to view any vids on boards.ie on my phone (iphone) or pc (MacBook Pro) I keep getting "an error occured, pleae try again later. Learn more here" I clicked on the learn more here and followed all the instructions, updated everything, but it's not happening. I can view vids on the youtube site itself.

Can anyone help? I'm trying to view the motoring vids if that's any help.

Thanks.

Oh.. sorry using Firefox and Safari, same result on both browsers.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Youtube itself is struggling tonight, nothing to do with boards

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I have never been able to view videos on the touch.ie app. I click on the embedded vid and it just goes black. It has been like this for years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Sometimes I get sound but no pic. But mostly its as above^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Bang_Bang

I have never been able to view videos on the touch.ie app. I click on the embedded vid and it just goes black. It has been like this for years.

I presume you mean the mobile site. I've never had an issue with it on iOS. I saw a couple of threads about UPC having trouble with YouTube last night. I'm not sure if that's a UPC or google issue, I personally had no problem with YouTube last night at all. I don't have UPC though.

Yes the touch mobile android app, not the new android app which I have not used yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Yes the touch mobile android app, not the new android app which I have not used yet.

Think that's just a link to the main site.Dump it and google boards.ie.
    The new android app is the original and only app afaik.

I downloaded the new app a few weeks back but it was unusable as the page was jumping up and down all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

OK, I'm not sure what's being talked about here so let me explain what *WE* call things and maybe someone will be able to tell me what they're having a problem with.

1) desktop site - the standard way to browse boards.ie on a computer with a web browser.

2) touch. - the touch screen and mobile device version of the site that is also served through a web browser and that is defaulted to when you browse the site on a mobile device.

3) Android app - self explanatory - works on Android only.

So, which of the above is causing a problem?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Dav, the issue seems to have been external to the site. I couldn't get YouTube to load at all last night on any device and over any medium without waiting for ages or getting an error.

Someone above said it was at YouTube's end and another suggested it was a difficulty with those accessing YouTube with UPC. Anyway, that seems to be resolved now, whatever it was.

That's just by way of information around why people might have been having difficulty last night. If it is still an issue for some people, it's clearly a different issue but the two are unlikely to be related.

No. 2 as I explained above. I have had the issue for years. Maybe it is because I have 2.?.?. Andriod operating system on my phone. Gs2 phone. The youtube snapshot is embedded in the post but when you click on the video it just goes black and you can't do anything further.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Think that's just a link to the main site.Dump it and google boards.ie.
    The new android app is the original and only app afaik.

I thought there was never an android app, only came out a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

... Maybe it is because I have 2.?.?. Andriod operating system on my phone. Gs2 phone. ...
    A Samsung Galaxy S2? Why haven't you updated to a newer version of Android?

El Weirdo wrote: »
    A Samsung Galaxy S2? Why haven't you updated to a newer version of Android?

Because Vodafone won't release a later version. Not interested in rooting my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Seems to be fixed now. Sorry if I wasted people's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Because Vodafone won't release a later version. Not interested in rooting my phone.
    I have an S2 on Vodafone and it had Jelly Bean on it before I rooted it.

Advertisement