Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy Question

Options
  • 25-11-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭

I hope it is ok to ask this type of question here, but if there are any issues with it can the Moderators please remove my post.

Q. If somebody is being made redundant from a company and the company want to give payment in lieu of notice, can the employee insist on working out their notice or can a company legally force the employee to accept the pay in lieu?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I don't know if you could insist on working the notice, but you could insist on the termination date being the last day of notice, I'd imagine.

Assuming the company will be in existance at the end of the notice period, as if they go wallop before you won't get paid, or find it easy or get p45's etc

Advertisement