Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

Wonder will Robbie be getting a call from Jose any day soon with offers of a dossier on Bayern :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Yesterday's game was great. Delighted for Robben. He's one of my favourite Chelsea old boys. Was wondering for ages why he didn't take one of the penalties after taking the one in normal time. Then I remembered today he'd already missed one in a semi-final so must not have wanted to. I must have blocked that one out. :(

EDIT: I see we went over 10,000 posts. New thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yesterday's game was great. Delighted for Robben. He's one of my favourite Chelsea old boys. Was wondering for ages why he didn't take one of the penalties after taking the one in normal time. Then I remembered today he'd already missed one in a semi-final so must not have wanted to. I must have blocked that one out. :(

EDIT: I see we went over 10,000 posts. New thread!
    Just noticed that myself, 10G's worth of posts completed, not bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

anyone else on a bit of a downer today ?

anti climax ?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Will we get a new thread?

We damn well better. :p

10K posts with ye lot is tough :p

Question : Would ya rather end the season 4th and be sure of a UCL place next year or would it be more of an incentive in the final if we finsihed 5th/6th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gavredking wrote: »

Question : Would ya rather end the season 4th and be sure of a UCL place next year or would it be more of an incentive in the final if we finsihed 5th/6th?

If Robbie wins both cups AND finishes 4th, they should knight him!

If Robbie wins both cups AND finishes 4th, they should knight him!

King Robbie has a better ring to it.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

amiable wrote: »

Ramires, Ivanovic, Meireles and Gustavo, Alaba, Badstauber should be allowed to play, JT's " foul " was crazy and should stand.

I think that yellows should be cleared for the semi's again and only picking up a booking in the 1st and 2nd leg or a straight red should result in a player missing the final.

Ramires, Ivanovic, Meireles and Gustavo, Alaba, Badstauber should be allowed to play, JT's " foul " was crazy and should stand.

I think that yellows should be cleared for the semi's again and only picking up a booking in the 1st and 2nd leg or a straight red should result in a player missing the final.
    Seeing as it's 3 players a piece it would be fair enough.
    I'd only hope it wouldn't lead to other players in future semi finals deciding they'll get away with it too.

• Advertisement

Seeing as it's 3 players a piece it would be fair enough.
    I'd only hope it wouldn't lead to other players in future semi finals deciding they'll get away with it too.

It is a crazy high number that are suspended I suppose that can be opart down to playing Barca and Real respectively, two of the best footballing sides around will draw a lot of fouls and subsequent yellows.

I'd love if UEFA over turned the decisions but it wont happen at this stage, it should be looked into for future tournaments though.

Looks like Guardiola is leaving Barcelona

Looks like Guardiola is leaving Barcelona

Really? His contract is up at the end of this season anyway isnt it?

Maybe he'll take a break from management for awhile, the last few years most of taken there toll on him.

Maybe he'll take a break from management for awhile, the last few years most of taken there toll on him.

Supposedly he will announce he is leaving tomorrow

He only signs 1 year rolling contracts
    He is discussing it today and until he comes out and publicy says it, I would take all reports with a large pinch of salt

Like you say, he has indicated if he leaves, he would probably take some time off away from football

Supposedly he will announce he is leaving tomorrow

Depending on who they bring in, if he leaves, they could suffer for a season or two.

I cant see Pep taking a job so soon if he decides to walk away from Barcelona.

Anywhere he does go though shouldnt expect instant success.

The philosphy in which Barca play is very much a mind set he installed in some of the younger guys that eventually made their way up through the club with him.

It will be interesting to see what he does next though in terms of career moves.

I'm happy to wait for our new thread for a few weeks

Superthread Chelsea CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE (and current FA CUP holders) Thread :D:D:D:D

Superthread Chelsea CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE (and current FA CUP holders) Thread :D:D:D:D

Might aswell just call it "Chelsea FC, Masters of the Universe"!

Panthro wrote: »
    Might aswell just call it "Chelsea FC, Masters of the Universe"!

Our " Chelsea FC 6th placed finishers and double runners up Superthread " :(

• Advertisement

pessimistatron, I'm more optimistprime...:o
    :pac:

Youve been talking to a monkey again, havent you?! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement