Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Registration and Jobseekers - Technicality

Options
  • 08-06-2016 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I finished a full time education course on 3rd of May, which was my last day of attendance. This is what the social welfare office asked me to send them.

The officer since emailed the university to see if I had any exams (which I do not, I am finished the course on May 3rd) and they told him that I was a registered student still. As it turns out, technically I am registered student until June 31st although the course finished on May 3rd.

Do social welfare have any discretion on this?

I am literally now priced out of going to interviews because of lack of money. If I had jobseekers, I could go and hopefully get a job a lot sooner than being forced to wait and struggle until August, long past the job opportunities for my career area would be filled.

Struggling here so any advice on this technicality would be welcome.

Thanks!

Advertisement