Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes to BTEA

Options
  • 28-04-2016 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

I am currently finishing first year on BTEA. A friend who is also on the same payment told me today that he was talking to someone from Welfare and there are plans to introduce means testing to all part time work done during either the academic year or summer. I started part time work last October and was hoping to continue over the summer and then just give it up like a month before college started so I could requalify for the qualifying payment (Jobseekers allowance). But the prospect of this means I might have to just give up the job once exams are over...has anyone been talking to welfare about anything in relation to summer work or changes? I thought we were supposed to have received letters requesting our finishing dates but I (or my friend) have not received anything...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

helier123 wrote: »
    Hi there,

has anyone been talking to welfare about anything in relation to summer work or changes?

Why don't you talk to them!

Advertisement