Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICM diploma and BTEA

Options
  • 04-05-2016 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I have got an appointment with an employment officer next week about a course. Originally was going to continue with special needs level 6 but with lack of jobs and not being on a panel ive started to rethink doing the course. Before special needs I did a lot of admin and sales work in london and im thinking of brining a course HR and management diploma accredited by ICM which is part time to her to see if I can get some sort of help with payment. My question is as this is not fetac/qqi could there be a problem with funding ir help from social welfare?! It is an intensive 24 week course that gives you a diploma and would be ine evening. Im just wondering would I be entitled to relief financially cos a) course is one evening a week b) its accredited by ICM. I had to sign in after my last job as it was a substitute SNA role. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

a) course is one evening a week

Part-time courses are not funded by grant assistance or BTEA.

Your local Social Welfare Officer may apply for an allowance towards any cost.

Advertisement