Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best upgrade from a iMac G5 running OS X 10.4.11

Options
  • 23-08-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

I'm only running OS X 10.4.11(!) and I need to upgrade.

Right now Youtube videos won't play because of no Flash, my latest iTunes isn't compatible with my iPhone 4, it won't run Google Chrome and finally just this week got the email from Skype saying they'll soon no longer run on this system.

So I need the best and cheapest upgrade I can get.

What would people recommend?

I'm running OS X 10.4.11. Processor is 2.1 GHz PowerPC G5. Memory is 1GB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Upgrade to Leopard - 10.5.8 and increase the RAM for a start, that may cure some of your issues.

The PPC platform is finished though so the only true upgrade path is to buy a newer Intel based Mac.

You could pick up a Mac Mini or 21" iMac with a Core2Duo for small money at this stage have a look in Adverts.ie. If you find something you're interested in check it's value over on mac2sell before buying - just do not pay this kind of delusional silly money for one .

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks Ken, I'll have a look and see what I can do.

Advertisement