Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nokia bluetooth problem

Options
  • 29-04-2014 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Basically my golf has a nokia bluetooth kit one of the standard kits I have had it in both previous cars and always found them grand. However this one doesn't work. The problem is it's not getting power doesn't come on. Are these fused or how do they normally get there power ? I only want to connect over bluetooth I don't need the cradle. Anyone any ideas were to start trouble shooting thanks. Or where all the speaker connector box would be ?

Here's a photo of the kit:
    F7D6E68A-F327-43AC-A461-5EB36D56E535_zpsnix0z1fk.jpg[/URL]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It has inline fuses alright. They have a constant and switched power like a car stereo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It has inline fuses alright. They have a constant and switched power like a car stereo.

Right the fuse may be he issue or it could be a bad loss connection. I know in the focus all the wires just ran to a central box that was located behind the panel at your leg when your driving. I may go investigating at the weekend. I rarely use my phone in the car but it's handy when someone rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Are you sure it is a bluetooth kit and not the older phone extention type kit? Does the cradle have he plug for charging the phone? If so it probably is not a bluetooth kit.

Are you sure it is a bluetooth kit and not the older phone extention type kit? Does the cradle have he plug for charging the phone? If so it probably is not a bluetooth kit.

Them kits do both. I've had them in previous cars the exact same kit. They will charge/ work through cradle or over bluetooth with the little button.

It looks like a ck7w? Silver button on the right there

• Advertisement

It looks like a ck7w? Silver button on the right there

Yep that's the kit alright I couldn't think of the name. It normally beep after a minute or so when you start the car or the blue light comes on and it's doing neither so it has to be a power issue.

Can you stick a phone in the cradle?

Can you stick a phone in the cradle?

I might try that all right. Although I don't think we have any of them phones with the pins on the end that would connect to the lead but I'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

When you say the power doesn't come on, does the white light come on when you press the button?

There's a perminant feed and a switched feed, many don't connect the switch feed in the golf as there's no switched feed that's easy to get to. The radio just has a perminant feed on these.

Also check the fuse box on the rhs of the dash to see if any wires have been bodged in there. Then I'd slide out the radio and see what the story is with it.

When you say the power doesn't come on, does the white light come on when you press the button?

There's a perminant feed and a switched feed, many don't connect the switch feed in the golf as there's no switched feed that's easy to get to. The radio just has a perminant feed on these.

Also check the fuse box on the rhs of the dash to see if any wires have been bodged in there. Then I'd slide out the radio and see what the story is with it.

Ah right I wasn't sure what way the feeds were. The light isn't coming in at all and it wont make any noises or anything like they normally do. I'll check the fuse board and then if nothing looks a miss there I'll look at behind the radio.

• Advertisement

Yea just fitted a ck7 in a golf at the weekend. There's a big void below the radio, I'd bet it's down there.

I needed to run a wire back to the fuse box on the rhs of the dash to pick up a switched feed so the kit powers up and down correctly.

Yea just fitted a ck7 in a golf at the weekend. There's a big void below the radio, I'd bet it's down there.

I needed to run a wire back to the fuse box on the rhs of the dash to pick up a switched feed so the kit powers up and down correctly.

Thanks a million for that info. Is it a big job to take out the radio on these I've never had it out.

Bpmull wrote: »
    Thanks a million for that info. Is it a big job to take out the radio on these I've never had it out.

Nah its fine, youtube has lots of videos. Take the rubber mat out of the top tray and there's 2 torx's screws in there. Then the tray will pull up. Then the top vents will pull up. You'll see 2 more torx's above the radio which hole the bezel around it, take these out. Then there's 4 torxs which hole the radio in place.

so yea once you have a torx bit you'll be grand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

I had a BMW few years back with similar kit as op's. Would only work when headlights were turned on.

beanie10 wrote: »
    I had a BMW few years back with similar kit as op's. Would only work when headlights were turned on.

It was obviously wired in a weird way they got the feed for the phone kit of the lights which wouldn't make any sense. Anyway I'll look at the fuse board first then behind the radio. hopefully the problem is in the fuse board either way it should be to hard to find hopefully.

Advertisement