Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

99 BMW 318 Key disaster

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

By the way, note the little transponder chip in the key in the video, might be slightly different design to your key, but if you have one and it's missing you're going to be in a tricky situation I'm sorry to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Its not the keyless entry board is your problem , the lawnmower has eaten the ews passive tag , (looks like a small silicone bar inside the key housing about 1cm long , there should be a slot for it, try autokey but id say a dealer is the only one that can code a new one for you,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

TJJP wrote: »
    By the way, note the little transponder chip in the key in the video, might be slightly different design to your key, but if you have one and it's missing you're going to be in a tricky situation I'm sorry to say.

Yeah first I had heard of that I have to say, well that's definitely gone if it was ever there before so that worries me...
    Its not the keyless entry board is your problem , the lawnmower has eaten the ews passive tag , (looks like a small silicone bar inside the key housing about 1cm long , there should be a slot for it, try autokey but id say a dealer is the only one that can code a new one for you,

Is the same thing as described above?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

The transponder bead isn't on the PCB, its a separate plastic chip, about 4mm wide and 6mm long.

It should look like this:-

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EggYFpg-L._SY300_.jpg

It could be still embedded in the plastic casing of the key that broke off or it went flying. If you do find the chip tape it beside the Antenna and it should read it.

Advertisement