Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More should be done about the property situation?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

gcgirl wrote: »
    Sorry but if you can see developers are having a hard time trying to sell the houses they have as for construction the amount of people now going on the dole is unreal compaired to 5 years ago!

So that means there will be lots of cheap apartments? Score! :D Just buy four apartments in a row and knock the walls down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

rb_ie wrote: »
    Well there is an incentive for first time buyers here.

I have to agree though, it's an absolute joke and once I'm qualified I'll be getting out of here to somewhere with cheaper property/cost of living in general until I'm financially stable enough to move back and set up camp here again.

And where would you go? how much do you expect to earn in a cheap country so as to be able to earn enough to come back and set up here? Please let me know when you find this place where the rivers flow with milk and honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

The generation that thinks life owes them doth speaketh up.

I have to agree with this comment 100%. Maybe it was easier years ago to buy a house, if you had a job that is. Back when there was double digit unemployment houses were cheaper but someone struggling to make ends meet could barely afford to put food on the table, never mind a house.

Third level education in Ireland is very inexpensive if not free for a lot of students. I see students here in the states come out owning ten's of thousands in loans. They get jobs and they get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Kernel32 wrote: »
    I have to agree with this comment 100%. Maybe it was easier years ago to buy a house, if you had a job that is. Back when there was double digit unemployment houses were cheaper but someone struggling to make ends meet could barely afford to put food on the table, never mind a house.

Third level education in Ireland is very inexpensive if not free for a lot of students. I see students here in the states come out owning ten's of thousands in loans. They get jobs and they get on with it.

Exactly.

Students in this country generally have no clue about real life.

Advertisement