Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CV Joints cost

Options
  • 28-08-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Been getting the clicking noise for a long time now and pay day has finally come.

How much should I expect getting the 2 front cv joints done for in my 2004 passat?

Parts + labour?

Just want to make sure I don't get skanked

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Try Micksgarage.com it will give you various prices for various brands so you will have a good idea what a motor factors may charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have used http://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/cv-joints-30/?sort=featured&page=12 for CV joints, they are very cheap and I have one on the N/s for >2 years and 20k miles with no problems.
    Most of them are less than 20 Stg plus postage.
    I was quoted stupid money by my local motorfactors for the same product.
    I have no connection with them but I do feel they are good value for money,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Motor factors about 35€ each, half decent mech 50-60€ labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

sounds too cheap,thinking around 70 per unit and 30 fitting + vat,not said if petrol or diesel.
    remember garages charge retail prices not trade prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

ardle1 wrote: »
    Motor factors about 35€ each, half decent mech 50-60€ labour.
    greasepalm wrote: »
    sounds too cheap,thinking around 70 per unit and 30 fitting + vat,not said if petrol or diesel.
    remember garages charge retail prices not trade prices.

I know what your saying, but definitely in Dundalk, which has two 'unbeatable' motor factors John Laverty's and Car L Parts, you will get those Passat cv joints for said price.. And any decent mechanic could fit both of them in an hour ½ ok maybe 2 hours(at the most 80€ labour).
    Don't ya think?

Ps: My guesstimates in labour time are a 'little' over the top, and I'm not talking about main dealer or busy Town Mechanics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Diesel. So ye all reckon it would cost 150 - 200 bean?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Diesel. So ye all reckon it would cost 150 - 200 bean?

I've fitted plenty of them and there common as he'll I'd go with about 50 to 65 euro each for the CV joints.
    And I'd sat in around 100 euro labour there not to handy to do but that's in and around labour I'd charge.it could take a hour n a half but it could also take 3 r 4 hours if something doesn't go to plan

Advertisement