Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist Wanted Dublin

Options
  • 13-05-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

Technically competent, experienced guitarist wanted for new (indie/rock/progressive/experimental) original musical project. Current line up includes vox, drums, bass and guitar. Weekly evening commitment required. Expectation that guitar parts for existing tracks can be learned quickly from demos and contribute to new material. Under the influence of : QOTSA, Cream, Yawning Man, Raconteurs...amongst others

Vox a +.

PM for tracks.

- Iain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dantheman185

hey im a guitarist looking for a new band to join/start and have had experience playing in a few different bands! id be interested in playing with u's. do u have any demos r anything i cud listen to see wat u sound like? im from dublin so it wouldnt be a problem meeting up etc.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Sammy01

Still looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭9fcdhzkx46apgr

Hi there, I would be interested in trying out for you guys. I'm a lead player into all the usual, zeppelin, lizzy, Hendrix. I'm also a big jane's addiction and soundgarden fan. Can you send me on Ur demos? I'll pm u mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Hey

Rhythm Guitarist, 28, Dublin

Not technically gifted or experienced but have a unique sense of melody and style. Influences Qotsa, Desert Sessions, Soundgarden, Perfect Circle, Fatso Jetson...

Could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

pm'd, you got a link to a myspace or soundcloud page?

• Advertisement

Bump....still looking for an experienced guitar player to slot in with existing material, vox abilities a +.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

guitarist here. 26. 10 years live experience including album launches and tour of ireland..tonnes of stage experience..used to sing in a band too so vox no probs....PM if interested.

Bump...still looking...

Still looking....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 P_D

I'd be up for a jam with you guys, and potentially joining if it goes well. I'm 20, playin guitar about 10 years, can play lead, and im from dublin. where do you practice?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

pm sent

Is there no brave souls out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Do you guys lure in guitarists and eat them or something?? What happened to the first seven hahah!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Maybe you should give the guitarists a bit more time, make them feel welcome, a few more jams, exchange ideas etc instead of just making them feel like a spare tyre? Hope it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fadestreet

Hey, I'm a 'Technically competent, experienced guitarist.' Been playin about 10 years, can sing aswell. Used to front my own band. If your interested let me know could forward on some tracks. Cheers

Yeah Guitarzero it certainly wasn't the intention to make you feel unwelcome...apologies. We're a grumpy bunch sometimes...yeah your right its difficult to know if its going to work out in one session, appreciate the feedback ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 yogimilo

if you guys are still looking, that sounds exactly what im looking for. i play most instruments but i prefer playing guitar or synth, live in ringsend. the strokes, raconteurs, the kinks. give us a chuckle.

Bump....it seems that people dont respond to PMs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

What's the age bracket?

21-whatever I guess....experience and ability far more important though so dont let that put off any budding Bonamassas (opened for B.B King at age 11) or Sea Sick Steves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Ah , I have the ability but you're a bit on the old side for me. Good luck.

Oh thx ! ...."it hurts to be young, Gotta learn every goddamn thing" -J Homme - Warsaw or the First Breath You Take After You Give Up
    ;)

So we seem to be managing OK as a 3 piece but theres always room for the right people...

New track "Driver" posted today :

http://hurricanewakes.bandcamp.com/album/hurricane-wakes

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jbencomo

Still looking for a lead guitarist?
    I have over 12 years playing the guitar, I am based in Dublin and I have my own gear - I am 27 years old.
    Please let me know if still looking for one guitar player

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

jbencomo, this thread is pretty old, chances are Sammy01 isn't keeping up with it anymore! I'm gonna lock this thread, feel free to start a new one for yourself over in Musicians Available or Wanted!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement