Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creche facilities/funding

Options
  • 21-08-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the story is with childcare for mature students in GMIT. I just found out that I cannot get the CETS scheme, which I had last year doing a FAS course as it doesn't cover 3rd level. Any ideas on who I could contact here would be great or any experience from someone in a similar situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

http://gmitsu.ie/services/glasan-creche

That should help, there are more links to helpful-ish things on the SU site.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

There isn't any specific crèche for GMIT. Although the SU website talks about Glasan creche being in partnership with GMIT it is in fact a private creche. I know this because I visited there a few weeks ago as my daughter will be attending in September when I start at GMIT. There isn't any funding for students in regards to childcare. I will be using my grant and applying fot the student assistance fund which I'm sure help us out a little as it is clear from our incomings vs outgoing we do not have enough to pay for full time crèche. I doubt I will have her in full time anyway.

I would recommend giving the crèche manager a ring too, her name is Amanda and she really lovely. I am an insane worrier but the place, staff and children are wonderful and I can't wait for my daughter to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Pizarro

Start saving your receipts if you're applying for the Assistance Fund. I applied and received it last year and they do ask for proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

Was talking to someone in payments today. They paid up to 1/3 last year but the funding has been reduced by 25% this year.

Advertisement