Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying to university in the USA

Options
  • 20-08-2014 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi!

I'll keep this short and sweet. I'm considering applying to universities in the USA and was wondering how I would go about it?

Any advice would be a great help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

You need to do two things:

-Use the search function for this and other forums.
    -tell us more about what you are applying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jldesign

Forgot the waster posters (dyl...

I'm looking to do the same thing myself so I've done a lot of research on the matter.

Most US universities require you to haste your SAT's done (Technically the American 'Leaving Cert' )
    You can find more information about this here collegeboard.org

There are a few SAT test centres in Dublin. The SAT's happen about 6 times a year. You can find that information on the site I listed to you above.

The rest of the admissions information should be listed on the universities website, i.e if they require a personal essay, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Actually jldesign, your response might be completely worthless, as we don't know if the OP is applying to grad school or to what type of undergrad program. To give the poster the correct advice we need to know more about their situation.

-from somebody who currently studies in a US university

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jldesign

Actually @dyl10 My response is not worthless. I actually answered the OP's question, Whether he's Undergrad or not, I cam here to answer his question, to help him out. All you came here to do is to say my post was 'worthless'. You clearly are wasting your time at a US University if all your doing is spamming on Irish Forums. If you have nothing helpful to share, don't share at all. At least your putting your alma mater to good use anyway.

@PrettyRAd

Are you applying to undergrad or graduate?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pwarren

Your best bet is to contact an enrollment coordinator. They can tell you what special exceptions they make for foreign students.

• Advertisement
Advertisement