Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAID Dublin gigs available for original bands

Options
  • 18-10-2006 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A new responsibility I have is with booking gigs for the best venue in Dublin Fibber Magees on Parnell Street.

[edit]One of the few venues that pays original bands.[/edit]

Gigs will be on in Fibbers up to three nights a week and I need to hear from good bands who want to play. Bands who play on Friday and Saturday nights get paid.

If your a new originals band to get booked for a weekend gig youneed to play a trial gig on a Wednesday. Fibber's is a club as well as a venue and bands are only going to be put on and promoted if they can pull in the numbers so by playing a student Wednesday night where it's only €2 in and all drinks are €3 I can tell if your worth investing in for a weekend.

Cover bands with a rock/metal set are also welcome to apply direct for a weekend slot.

All links to demos can be PMed to me here.

Looking forward to hearing some tunes.

payment info
    Wednesday Gigs: bands dont get paid
    Fri & Sat: headline band gets €200

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

49 views and one reply?! Come now folks, put your music where your mouth is. Seems like there's no good bands in Dublin and if there are they'd rather pay to play gigs?!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

PM Sent, if you require a hard copy let me know too. It's not a new demo though, but you can check out the vids etc.
    Thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rootjuse70

PM sent also.

same applies with the hard copy, if you need one let me know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thread stickied , this promoter is one of the good uns lads and lassies suggest you get in touch

though with that said
    The only venue that pays original bands.

is not strictly true , i know of at least 4 other venues in Dublin who pay original bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭col1032

Is it just bands or do ya do singer songwriters with bands?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

PM'ed you sir, let us know!

www.myspace.com/lovepopsuiciderock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

A singer-songwriter with a band is as good to me. I'm not into the one man/girl and his/her guitar routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭nimbo

HEY'
    WE ARE A BAND FROM CO.LAOIS LOOKING TO GIG.WELL EXPERIENCED AND READY TO PROMO NEW METERIAL!!!!
    www.myspace.com/northstarfusion
    cheers-DAVE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

wrote:
    best venue in Dublin Fibber Magees on Parnell Street.
    Also not strictly true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 prototypedublin

if you get a chance check us out.

www.myspace.com/prototypemusic

cheers

dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 junior2412

Hey, we're called elsewhere, we're a rock band that indulges in loads of other kinds of music, bit of grunge, punk, electronic, blues, we try to keep our music diverse. We've played a few gigs for a couple of different promoters in the Boom Boom Room. Check out our stuff and message us if your interested or any feedback, cheers.

www.myspace.com/elsewheredublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dublinchase

Greetings Thomas from Presence!

We're The Chase, an alternative/rock band based in Dublin.

We headline our own gigs at likes of Whelans, Dorans, The Hub, The Sugar Club etc but we're always interested in playing any place any time with anyone!

You can listen to our 4 song EP here:
    http://www.myspace.com/dublinchase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 naylor

Hi how do i go about getting a gig for our original band, what type of music do you get in fibber magees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭davewhowho

hey

my names Dave drummer off a band called "The Fraction Kids" if you'd like too check out our stuff you might be interested in having us play.... the links are below

and we guareentee a great show.

my email: davewhowho@yahoo.com

(thanks hope too hear from you soon)

http://www.bebo.com/fraction-kids
    http://www.myspace.com/fractionkids

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

this thread is 2 years old mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭stevood

Hey dude,

Just in finishing recording vocals for 3 songs on a demo. Love to play wit ur system. Hope ya give us a chance with this.

Either way, what your doin is quality.

Cheer

ste.

www.myspace.com/soundproofsounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jcleere

Hey Mr Tom! Just sent that PM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karmakreek

hey my name is gavin ryhthm guitarist and songwritter of a band called karmakreek , we have played loads of gigs and would love to start gettin paid , we are a 5 piece original band but we play some well known covers too ,, we would love to play , we have a big enough fan base , we gaurente to get a crowd going

myspace
    http://www.myspace.com/karmakreek

please get back to us

• Registered Users Posts: 2 benmoore92

Just wondering if this thread is still relevant i.e. can bands still get paid to do some gigs? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

benmoore92 wrote: »
    Just wondering if this thread is still relevant i.e. can bands still get paid to do some gigs? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Don't know if it's still relevant, but I doubt the OP is still keeping up with it. Maybe a PM would be better, or start a new thread. I'll close this one now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement