Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There's always one...

Options
  • 26-04-2012 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

... in any given gig audience.

Sometimes it's the bloke who shouts 'The Doors', or whatever his favourite band is, repeatedly, throughout the gig, from somewhere down the back.

Often enough it's the bloke (it's almost always a bloke with too much gargle on board) who stands a few feet from the backing singers and stares and makes faces at them while wavering unsteadily. I have yet to see this blossom into a loving relationship.

There's always one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

... in any given gig audience.

Sometimes it's the bloke who shouts 'The Doors', or whatever his favourite band is, repeatedly, throughout the gig, from somewhere down the back.

Often enough it's the bloke (it's almost always a bloke with too much gargle on board) who stands a few feet from the backing singers and stares and makes faces at them while wavering unsteadily. I have yet to see this blossom into a loving relationship.

There's always one.

Yep ! All part and parcel of gigging. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

If somebody isnt standing there ogling your backing singers you need new backing singers .
    This should be a rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

True enough and they are easy on the eye, to be fair, but there's ogling and there's just being plain weird.

I'm talking standing 3 feet in front of them and leering drunkenly and making strange faces for the best part of two hours.

Weird way to spend an evening. Takes all sorts, i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Had it recently, we're a bloody rock band playing Velvet Revolver and the likes, and some tool spent the whole gig roaring out 'father and son, play father and son'. Eventually we said after about an hour and ten of this when it was really quiet and we'd everyones ears that we didn't do any Boyzone songs, but if he really wanted to, we'd try to get him a backstage pass to meet Stephen Gately. He wasn't long f*cking off after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Owen wrote: »
    Had it recently, we're a bloody rock band playing Velvet Revolver and the likes, and some tool spent the whole gig roaring out 'father and son, play father and son'. Eventually we said after about an hour and ten of this when it was really quiet and we'd everyones ears that we didn't do any Boyzone songs, but if he really wanted to, we'd try to get him a backstage pass to meet Stephen Gately. He wasn't long f*cking off after that!
    Boyzone eh? Lawl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

lawl indeed. Perhaps you missed the bit about us wanting him to feck off? Everyone knows it's a Cat Stevens song but calling it a Boyzone song embarassed the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

"here, can my mate get up and play a song, he's great on the guitar...honestly"

after he gets up

"how do you tune this thing?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

((((((((((((((((((((!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FREE:DBIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)))))))))))))))))))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

"here, can my mate get up and play a song, he's great on the guitar...honestly"

after he gets up

"how do you tune this thing?"

The guitarist in the band who plays with an out of tune guitar, is the worst offender here ! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

do ye know ride on? galway girl? hills of donegal? joyce country ceili band? N17?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

do ye know ride on? galway girl? hills of donegal? joyce country ceili band? N17?

Ha, yeah, one of our sax players was hassled to bits by some girl demanding that we do Galway Girl one night. We're a soul and funk band. She got in a right strop when she was told we don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

schlub = PLAY 'THE BOXER' !
    'THE BOXEEEEEERRRRRRRRR' !

singer = WHY DONT YOU GO FCUK YOURSELF !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I played in a kings of leon tribute for a while, and i **** you not, we were asked, and i'm not sure if she was joking or not, if we played any kings of leon!

its not that we were bad, we werent. she must have only known sex on fire :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

My dad said someone once asked him to play Lola. By the Kinks? No... It goes like "Looooo Laaaa the fields of Athenry..."

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Meehanmeehan

Owen wrote: »
    lawl indeed. Perhaps you missed the bit about us wanting him to feck off? Everyone knows it's a Cat Stevens song but calling it a Boyzone song embarassed the guy.
    Now I look like a right eejiot..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

2am and you're taking your gear down as the lights come on and the bar is closed

Drunk guy - what time are ya starting at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I played in a kings of leon tribute for a while, and i **** you not, we were asked, and i'm not sure if she was joking or not, if we played any kings of leon!

its not that we were bad, we werent. she must have only known sex on fire :rolleyes:

Rattle N Hum,. a U2 tribute band played at a local festival near me a good few years ago. later that night, I was making small talk with a guy I used to go to school with.

Me "What did you think of the band?"
    him "They were good..........didnt they play a lot of U2 songs???"
    me pokerface.jpg

Advertisement