Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st years 2014/2015

Options
  • 21-08-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hey ... saw this on other years so thought i might aswell start one .. just to get to know people who are starting in nuig soon . just introduce your self and what u are studying and whatever ..
    I'm Ciara 19 from Kerry.. I doing Arts , going to be living in Corrib .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

Jane, 19, from Clare, Arts :3

What subjects are you gonna do?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 niamhg49

Niamh, 17, from Louth, Arts. I'm doing English, Philosophy, history and social and political studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PTA

19, from Cork, doing Arts with Film Studies. I'll be doing English, Information Technology and either History or Philosophy. Living in Corrib too!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CiaraB19

Janeh9 wrote: »
    Jane, 19, from Clare, Arts :3

What subjects are you gonna do?

I'm doing Economics and German and IT and I havent picked 4th yet ... What are u doing

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

Psychology, English, Spanish and Archeology! :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Mentioned in the other thread where first years are talking about Arts subjects. Any questions on English, History, Philosophy and Soc & Pol. Fire away or maybe one of the mod's may merge this with other thread??

Mentioned in the other thread where first years are talking about Arts subjects. Any questions on English, History, Philosophy and Soc & Pol. Fire away or maybe one of the mod's may merge this with other thread??

I thinking off taking history in 1st year .. is it a good choice for just one year . i wouldnt keep it on

Janeh9 wrote: »
    Psychology, English, Spanish and Archeology! :3

cool i thinking about psychology as a 4th subject but i havent decided yet .. its between that and history ..

what day do we have to be registered by does anyone know

PTA wrote: »
    19, from Cork, doing Arts with Film Studies. I'll be doing English, Information Technology and either History or Philosophy. Living in Corrib too!

we might have 2 subjects together so .... Corrib seems like the place for 1st years , should be good fun

• Advertisement

CiaraB19 wrote: »
    I thinking off taking history in 1st year .. is it a good choice for just one year . i wouldnt keep it on
    Not bad subject IMO. Isnt too difficult with a bit of work. exams aren't too bad with 4 essay style questions but they don't have to be too long 2-2.5 pages. By keeping on top of your notes, contribute to tutorials and you'll do fine.
    what day do we have to be registered by does anyone know
    Just look on website. Should be easy enough to figure out
    http://www.nuigalway.ie/student-life/newentrants-startdates/

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Therese123

hey ... saw this on other years so thought i might aswell start one .. just to get to know people who are starting in nuig soon . just introduce your self and what u are studying and whatever ..
    I'm Ciara 19 from Kerry.. I doing Arts , going to be living in Corrib .

Therese from Laois, 18, doing arts. Not sure which subjects I'm going to pick, apart from English. Maybe philosophy and psychology. Living in Greenfields.

we might have 2 subjects together so .... Corrib seems like the place for 1st years , should be good fun

Corrib should definitely be decent craic.

Judging by this thread, I seem to be the only lad doing arts. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Everyone's doing arts here lerl

ya its sorta turned into an arts thread

do u guys know how long we have to pick our subjects , i just registered and u can pick subjects now but i not sure of the 4th subject yet ..

do u guys know how long we have to pick our subjects , i just registered and u can pick subjects now but i not sure of the 4th subject yet ..

I'm in the same boat and asked in the NUIG 2014-2015 thread. I was told that on the first week we will have intro lectures to every subject and you have 2 weeks or so before you have to confirm what you are picking.

You have until September 26th

thanks thats good ... hopefully after next week and the orientation it wont be as hard to pick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 sarahm22

Anyone doing arts thats staying in dunaras :) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

19, going to be doing Psychology, Information Technology, German and History.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LumpySpace

Charlene Going to be studying Arts. Think I will do Psychology, English, History, Social and Political studies. Wonder what to expect hope there is sound people there.

mossy95 wrote: »
    19, going to be doing Psychology, Information Technology, German and History.

someone else doing german ... are u doing beginners or advanced

LumpySpace wrote: »
    Charlene Going to be studying Arts. Think I will do Psychology, English, History, Social and Political studies. Wonder what to expect hope there is sound people there.

Ya hope so too ... where are u staying ?

Nui :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

someone else doing german ... are u doing beginners or advanced

Advanced

mossy95 wrote: »
    Advanced

me to

Staying in Burkes lane apts on Dominick St moved up a month ago so I could get a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Anyone for undenominated engineering?

Advertisement