Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple announces September 9th event

Options
  • 27-08-2015 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭

Invites have just been sent out for the next big Apple event, confirmed to be happening on the rumoured September 9th date.

Most likely the introduction of the new iPhones, updated Apple TV and possibility of some iPad updates. Official releases of iOS 9 and maybe OS X 10.11 could be finalised as well.
    Screen_Shot_2015-08-27_at_12.19.17_PM.0.png

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Coolaboola!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

iPhone release 18th

iOS release 16th

That's if previous trends are still accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

UK pricing in comparison to Irish pricing will be a deciding factor for me as to where & when I'm getting it from. €50 difference would be acceptable as it currently is (6, 64gb).

Dropping down from 6 plus to the 6s because of the form factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Try asking Siri to give you a hint.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

iPhone release 18th

iOS release 16th

Irish or world wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

iPhone release 18th

iOS release 16th

godtabh wrote: »
    Irish or world wide?

I would assume iphone for US and UK with ireland a week or two after like previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I'm looking for the first sighting at it of the mythical iPad Pro.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

iPad Plus or Pro whatever they call it will be in October, alongside El Capitan, iOS 9.1 and any new Macs. They already have enough to announce in September with new iPhones, Apple TV and the latest versions of iOS. Apple are trying to prop up the iPad market; squeezing it into an already crowded iPhone event would make no sense.

We can also rule out any 4-inch iPhone 6c announcements. Even if Apple are working on one, which I believe they are, they won’t want it eating into launch sales of the 6s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

iPad Plus or Pro whatever they call it will be in October, alongside El Capitan, iOS 9.1 and any new Macs.

Ah that's a shame, you have some inside info? Or just a hunch?

Other outlets appear to be running with ipad pro tomorrow.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the event, always enjoy an apple event day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

symbolic wrote: »
    Ah that's a shame, you have some inside info? Or just a hunch?

Other outlets appear to be running with ipad pro tomorrow.

No need to be sarcastic. I explained my reasoning for believing they would hold off until October. Announcing it so early and at an iPhone event is unusual for Apple, but I guess they are going after the enterprise and education market with the iPad Pro and want an idea of demand, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

No need to be sarcastic. I explained my reasoning for believing they would hold off until October. Announcing it so early and at an iPhone event is unusual for Apple, but I guess they are going after the enterprise and education market with the iPad Pro and want an idea of demand, etc.

I was expecting El Capitan tomorrow.

Ha sorry man! You just seemed to know what you were talking about, came across quite confident.

So is it pretty much guaranteed to be announced tomorrow then, I'm not to up on how good the sites are at guessing what happens tomorrow if ya get me.

Would be very interested in seeing this ipad pro!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyone have a good guess at when the iphone being revealed tomorrow will be available to buy in England?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Anyone have a good guess at when the iphone being revealed tomorrow will be available to buy in England?

Friday.

symbolic wrote: »
    Ha sorry man! You just seemed to know what you were talking about, came across quite confident.

So is it pretty much guaranteed to be announced tomorrow then, I'm not to up on how good the sites are at guessing what happens tomorrow if ya get me.

Would be very interested in seeing this ipad pro!

Sorry, symbolic, I misunderstood you. I posted that over a week ago, before the more reliable reports of the iPad Pro at tomorrow’s event. Yeah, it seems fairly guaranteed to be announced tomorrow, but not launched until November. So probably just a preview for developers to start getting their apps ready.

Sorry, symbolic, I misunderstood you. I posted that over a week ago, before the more reliable reports of the iPad Pro at tomorrow’s event. Yeah, it seems fairly guaranteed to be announced tomorrow, but not launched until November. So probably just a preview for developers to start getting their apps ready.

Ah cool, looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

There's still a lot of details fizzling out and things can change last minute, the iPad is supposedly not ready and being released in November, and could be even shipping to most later than that. There's also talk of a much higher storage capacity as the baseline, stylus not being included etc. Things will change so it could be dropped from tomorrow's announcement for all we know. One things for sure, it's going to be pricey.

I'm only really interested in the new Apple TV tomorrow, although as I've been listening to the rumours for the last two years I'm not as excited as I have been for the past events. I just hope it's a big enough change and not too pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Friday.

Most likely Friday week. (18th)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

DubDJ wrote: »
    There's still a lot of details fizzling out and things can change last minute, the iPad is supposedly not ready and being released in November, and could be even shipping to most later than that. There's also talk of a much higher storage capacity as the baseline, stylus not being included etc. Things will change so it could be dropped from tomorrow's announcement for all we know. One things for sure, it's going to be pricey.

I'm only really interested in the new Apple TV tomorrow, although as I've been listening to the rumours for the last two years I'm not as excited as I have been for the past events. I just hope it's a big enough change and not too pricey.

What possibly could the new stuff for Apple TV be? Will it make older versions of AppleTV redundant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

What possibly could the new stuff for Apple TV be? Will it make older versions of AppleTV redundant?

I have three ATVs in the house [& one in the office], if this one allows plex to be the default interface, I'll change them all within six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Looking forward to seeing if this is accurate.

Mainly interested in the apple tv for this event.

http://daringfireball.net/2015/09/prelude_to_hey_siri_event

Gruber is very sceptical about the iPad Pro being announced tomorrow for the much the same reasons I raised before. But Gurman and Paczkowski's sources are generally rock solid. I dunno, we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

What time does this kick off Irish time?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

adox wrote: »
    What time does this kick off Irish time?
    6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cheers for the replies. Will be home in time to watch it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Gruber now saying that there's only one event this fall.

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2015/09/09/last-minute-predictions

Hope ye don't have weak bladders Apple doing a Google I/O.

So if it's only one event that's a lot to get through

1. New iPhone (dead cert).
    2. watchOS 2 (dead cert).
    3. AppleTV (about 90%).
    4. OS X El Capitan (dead cert).
    5. New iPad (plenty of smoke, there's gotta be a fire, right?).
    6. Apple Music update (hmm ?!?!).

Considering the WWDC keynote ran over 2 hours (felt longer in the crowd to me tbh) either they're not going to cover OS X and possibly watchOS which seems really unlikely as it's still not even released in all countries.

Only recently got an apple tv. This is available on it isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Only recently got an apple tv. This is available on it isnt it?
    Heres every way to watch it later

Requirements: Live streaming uses Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) technology. HLS requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Safari on iOS 7.0 or later, a Mac with Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X v10.8.5 or later, or a PC with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. Streaming via Apple TV requires a second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 6.2 or later.

Advertisement