Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Print creation

Options
  • 13-08-2015 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking at getting some prints made, for personal and commercial sale, of a number of acrylic on canvas painting I have created.

Would anyone know how to go about this?

Is there somewhere that will photograph the work, and put together the prints for me? Or should I do this separately? Should I photograph them myself?

I'm totally new to the idea of prints so any guidance would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JayCosplay Props

I too would like some information about good printing places for some work i have coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paric

Me 3
    Anyone?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I don't know where you are all based but maybe reach out to Steve at 360dpi - he posts here from time to time but if he can't help you I'm sure he'd be able to advise on who could.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Depends on the size of your canvas, I'd say scanning would be the prefered method, that is if your canvas is within the size limit of most scanners. If you're good with photoshop you could always scan it in parts and join them together but if you have to get this done in the printers, they will charge you for it.

If you're going to do the take a picture method, I would strongly recommend using a tripod, especially if you intend to inlarge the image. Also if your camera has the option to take a picture after a number of seconds I would use this to ensure the sharpest image is taken as pressing the button on the camera can add a small amount of shake to the camera when taking the picture which will blur the image sightly. Make sure your white balance is set correct as well on the camera as if your taking the picture indoors the indoor light will add a slight orange tint to the photo.

Once that's done I would process the image further in photoshop to insure the best representation of your artwork.

thank you that is very helpful

• Advertisement

Hi someone rec'd Steve on boards 360dpi or he has a website 360-dpi dot com
    I contacted him and he does the works from a to z.
    My images were not great so I am going to do a photography course and then get some prints.

Advertisement