Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DLC/OBDII Port Location

• 02-05-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for the DLC/OBDII Port in a 97 Honda Civic but I cant see it. I'm looking around the steering column/fusebox and I dont see it where I expect to find it.

Where else are OBD Ports likely to be located?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭cletus

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm looking for the DLC/OBDII Port in a 97 Honda Civic but I cant see it. I'm looking around the steering column/fusebox and I dont see it where I expect to find it.

Where else are OBD Ports likely to be located?

Google says
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_Obd_2_location_1997_Honda_Civic_ex

As for other locations, passenger footwell is one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

cletus wrote: »
    Google says
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_Obd_2_location_1997_Honda_Civic_ex

As for other locations, passenger footwell is one

I havent seen it where google says or in the passenger footwell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I could be wrong, but is there an OBD diagnostics port as such on these cars?.Did that only come in from 2001? Now that link might refer to the Americans, which I think OBD came in from 1996.

I had a 1994 Japanese built model and there was a two pin sort of a diagnostics plug up under the dash on the passenger side that you jump and watch the EML on the dash to see how many times it blinked to see what code there was.Now you could have a UK built model which may be different OP.

jimmyw wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but is there an OBD diagnostics port as such on these cars?.Did that only come in from 2001? Now that link might refer to the Americans, which I think OBD came in from 1996.

I had a 1994 Japanese built model and there was a two pin sort of a diagnostics plug up under the dash on the passenger side that you jump and watch the EML on the dash to see how many times it blinked to see what code there was.Now you could have a UK built model which may be different OP.

It was mandatory in all cars sold in America in 1996, it became mandatory in all cars in the EU in 2001. I'm hoping that Honda didnt wait until 2001 to bring it into cars they sold in the EU.

My Civic is English Built btw.

Yeah so its a hatchback then.It should be very easy to see if it is there, so thats why I was guessing that it might not be.

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »
    Yeah so its a hatchback then. It should be very easy to see if it is there, so thats why I was guessing that it might not be.

Its a 5 door. I was hoping the fact that it was a LSi VTEC, it would have one. :(

I'm aware of that method for getting fault codes but I'm not looking to pull fault codes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

Its a 5 door. I was hoping the fact that it was a LSi VTEC, it would have one. :(

I'm aware of that method for getting fault codes but I'm not looking to pull fault codes

What are you looking to do ?

It is the 2 pin thing in the foot well but if memory serves it's on the left side behind the plastic ,

And you'll need slightly more than a code reader to do it. If you know anyone with a launch they could help ya.

Analyse live data using Torque Pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Analyse live data using Torque Pro

First of all the live data available to torque pro is pretty much useless. It's very very basic/raw

And I can confirm your car only has the 2 pin connector for flashing codes, Honda do an adaptor , not sure if this can be bought elsewhere

Cant you just jump the DLC connector under the dash to check codes if thats what you want.Of course you need to know what the codes mean afterwards though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭cletus

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    First of all the live data available to torque pro is pretty much useless. It's very very basic/raw

And I can confirm your car only has the 2 pin connector for flashing codes, Honda do an adaptor , not sure if this can be bought elsewhere

Its handy for things like coolant temp etc, especially if your car is old enough not to have any form of onboard computer/display etc.

Re an adaptor, would it not still be using obd I protocol, meaning elm 327 wont read anything anyway.

OP, if you do flash for codes, there are a few diferent apps, and plenty f websites that will tell you what the code refer to. The trick then is interperting what that means for your car

Advertisement