Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get free legal advice?

Options
  • 01-06-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

a relative wants to property in my name due to some legal trouble,i'm uneasy with doing if i cannot make sure my back is covered. Is there anywhere i can go for free legal advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.legalaidboard.ie/LAB/Publishing.nsf/Content/Home

You may or may not qualify and even then you could be placed on a wait list.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

FLAC (Free Legal Advice Centres) is an independent Irish human rights organisation dedicated to the realisation of equal access to justice for all.

www.flac.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

I work for FLAC and one point i would make is that we try to provide free legal aid for those who otherwise will not have the means to access legal services.

It really annoys me when people who can afford to pay a private solicitor abuse our services. If someone wants to sign property over to you then you will have to get legal advice regarding to signing the transfer. There will also be tax implications. You will need to go to a private solicitor for this as it is not a service that flac provides.

If you can afford a private solicitor, please dont abuse an already overworked service that is run entirely on a voluntary basis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

If it's just legal advice you're looking for, ring your local Citizens Information Centre. They have solicitors that come in to the centres and give advice. I've used them before and found then extremely helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

If the purpose of signing the house over to you, is so that the other person can avoid legal issues, I would be cautious, to be quite honest. Things like that have a habit of catching up with you and/or the original owner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement