Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassing problem

Options
  • 01-06-2008 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

OK, it's come to a point where I need some advice on a product or otherwise. No matter where I am or what Im doing Im constantly sweating! It's gotten so bad in the last two years that I have to limit the colours I wear due to embarrassing sweaty patches. Anyone come upon this before? I'd like to try...well anything really before I go to my GP but tbh if this persists unchecked I'll just have to go. It's really like that Lynx add with the dude with the weird eyes...too bad Lynx is sh*t. I've tried an innumerable amount of deoderants and anti-persperants and although some have marginally helped, none have really lived up to their names.

I'm fit, play football regularly and eat fairly healthy so I don't see how I can attribute it to lifestyle.

I know it may seem trivial but it has really affected my quality of life and I'm always self conscious about it. Advise me please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dude, look back a few pages. Someone had this problem before, and there was seemingly good advice given.

BTW, it ain't trivial. Goto the GP, and get it looked at, as it may be serious. Also, what's your age bracket? By this, I mean was the "two years ago" when you hit 16 or 17?

Finally, check your gene pool. Ask both parents, if you can, did any of your uncles/aunties have a similar problem? Often problems like yours appear down the line, maybe skipping a generation, etc. Example: I'm tall, and one of my uncles is tall, and down that line of the family, there are tall people. True, it's not as bad as what you're experiencing, but it gos to show that alot of traits do get passed though the gene pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 embarrassed

Cheers syco, Ill look back a few pages now. Hopefully it's more helpfully titles than mine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

OK, it's come to a point where I need some advice on a product or otherwise. No matter where I am or what Im doing Im constantly sweating! It's gotten so bad in the last two years that I have to limit the colours I wear due to embarrassing sweaty patches. Anyone come upon this before? I'd like to try...well anything really before I go to my GP but tbh if this persists unchecked I'll just have to go. It's really like that Lynx add with the dude with the weird eyes...too bad Lynx is sh*t. I've tried an innumerable amount of deoderants and anti-persperants and although some have marginally helped, none have really lived up to their names.

I'm fit, play football regularly and eat fairly healthy so I don't see how I can attribute it to lifestyle.

I know it may seem trivial but it has really affected my quality of life and I'm always self conscious about it. Advise me please!
    Don't you worry - I was in that situation and there are solutions :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055248508

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 embarrassed

Thanks alot guys, read the whole thread and I'll down at Boots first thing tomorrow morning, you two have no idea how much this will affect my life. Thank you so much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Driclor will you sort you right out my friend.. The only **** thing is, you're body will eventually get used to it. I don't mean within a few weeks or anything, but after a year or two it will become less effective. But you're sorted for at least a year haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement