Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are places going with Dell going?

Options
  • 05-02-2009 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I used to know a few working around the Industrial Park in Raheen, but have lost touch since. They dealt mainly with Dell.
    How would these small feeder companies do. The 'box' factories like Banta and Connacht Packaging?

Will they relocate to Poland too? Or be hit?
    When is Dell going to totally have its manufacturing gone from Limk?

Where to go then eh?

Thanks...
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Banta Global Turnkey have already opened a Polish facility.

Bear in mind Dell is still open for business with not one line closed down yet so business's have not been affected yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya after April when the 1st jobs are gone the news will come reeling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

yeah, lot of the job losses are staggered over the next few months. Some people are being kept on until October. So I dont think the major hit to Limerick will happen until around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just for the record Dell are not closing, they are moving manufacturing to Poland, there will still be some 1100 non manufacturing people working in Dell after manufacturing transfers to Poland.

But it is true that you will not see the effects of this for at least another two months or so. The real knock on effects will be felt later in the year when the majority of manufacturing and the 1900 staff are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I havent heard anything about one of the companies i used to work who dealt with Dell alot in one side of their business, i would think there would a few jobs going there unless they can get another electronics manufacturer to work with

• Advertisement
Advertisement