Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

steps.ie/Engineers Ireland Math Grinds?

Options
  • 31-08-2013 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

Today my Maths teacher told us about these free HL Maths grinds run by Engineers Ireland/steps.ie (their website seems to be down atm?). They're free, and run in a few cities.

I'm just wondering has anyone done these grinds in the last few years? Is it worth the early Saturday to go in for them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you search, there have been threads before on these. I think people found them useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 yerpu

I went to these for a few months, I didn't really find them useful. The class size was huge (about 150 people) and it was difficult to really get a feel for the topics because of the size of the class. The lecturer is a terrific at maths, his ability never came into question, but I think if you need help with maths, one on one is the way to go, thats what I did, and it was immensley beneficial.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I went to this year's first class yesterday (The one in Dublin).

The class is actually massive, but no doubt it will get smaller and smaller every week.

Like yerpu said, the lecturer(Tim Joyce I think) is a great mathematician and when I went there I wasn't struggling with maths in any way but he made me feel absolutely stupid..and thats why I'm going to keep going there every Saturday morning :o

Advertisement