Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

QualPex into boiler

• 27-08-2014 9:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

I moved my oil boiler recently across the garden. I ran in 2 x 1 inch qualpex pipes and have them coming up though a concrete plinth exactly where they connect to boiler. I've been told it must be copper pipe running into boiler. Would I get away with qualpex or if not would a 2 foot loop of copper suffice.

I would prefer not to have to break up concrete plinth and re-do all the pipes and plinth all over again.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

gutteruu wrote: »
    I moved my oil boiler recently across the garden. I ran in 2 x 1 inch qualpex pipes and have them coming up though a concrete plinth exactly where they connect to boiler. I've been told it must be copper pipe running into boiler. Would I get away with qualpex or if not would a 2 foot loop of copper suffice.

I would prefer not to have to break up concrete plinth and re-do all the pipes and plinth all over again.

Thanks

Your not supposed to connect Qualpex directly to a boiler you must use a min of. 1 mtr copper first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Robbie.G wrote: »
    Your not supposed to connect Qualpex directly to a boiler you must use a min of. 1 mtr copper first

So if I connected a copper loop connecting into qualpex at ground going up and back down into boiler would this work? It would save me digging up the plinth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

gutteruu wrote: »
    So if I connected a copper loop connecting into qualpex at ground going up and back down into boiler would this work? It would save me digging up the plinth.

This does not sound like a very good idea.
    Looping pipes up and down leave you with ideal places for air to gather, causing you further problems.

Advertisement