Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon and AirPort Extreme

Options
  • 19-08-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I recently signed up to UPC and took delivery of a Horizon box. Unfortunately, the Wi-Fi signal is pretty poor and it does not cover the entire house. I have an AirPort Extreme from my previous place and want to use that to extend the Wi-Fi coverage. I have tried to connect the AirPort Extreme to the Horizon box via an Ethernet cable but have failed miserably to try and get it up and running. I was wondering if anyone on here would be able to tell me what way to set up this up? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

chances are your airport extreme has a 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x address from the previous setup. The horizon box uses 192.168.192.x addresses and I had t reset a few of my own devices to get them to pickup the correct range by DHCP.

Advertisement