Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best B/band with unlimited usage

Options
  • 13-08-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

I`m in Dublin area & looking to see what provider can offer the best unlimited usage and also have best coverage and of course with a reasonable price.

Problem for me is I do not have a phone line in the house & I know some providers go through Eircom.
    I looked into this some time ago & Eircom wanted nearly €500 to set up a connection, which I am in no position to be paying out.

I want to be running my TV with it so it needs to be unlimited & a fairly good speed.

I see reports of UPC crashing all the time but those posts are old enough, have they improved their service?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

UPC is definitely the way to go for broadband. They don't provide a broadband only product any more - the phone is bundled in with it. You don't have to use the phone service or even order a handset.

I've been with them for many years & haven't experienced any major problems on the technical side. Even though I have their tv product bundled in I also stream quite a lot (both live tv & movies from both pc & laptop).

Naturally it's best to use a wired connection, but even when using wireless the odd time I haven't experienced many problems at all.

Just make sure that if you do go with them that you order unlimited usage allowance. With their present offerings you can add it on for an extra €7 per month if it's not already included.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bewerten

I'm also looking into broadband deals at the moment and have noticed that upc's 6 month money-off packages and all eircoms efibre packages come with 18 month contracts! So taking these out of the equation i'm finding it hard to see any decent value packages.

Advertisement