Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cooking Club 2014 Schedule - Part 1

Options
  • 29-12-2013 6:37pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

**Important change to the rules! After discussion, we have decided that pictures must be limited to a maximum of 5. We feel this is sufficient for showing the important parts, and doesn't make the thread a nightmare for mobile browsing. This is 5 per recipe, not 5 per post. Extra pictures after the first 5 will be deleted.**

Right, below is the schedule for the coming year (part 1). Please check your date and make sure it suits! If it doesn't, please let me know ASAP. Dates are not related to the order in which you signed up. Please thank this post to confirm that your dates suit.

Week | Date | Poster
    1 | 10/01/2014 | GrahamThomas
    2 | 17/01/2014 | JamesReeves
    3 | 24/01/2014 | annamcmahon
    4 | 31/01/2014 | Lola92
    5 | 07/02/2014 | herisson
    6 | 14/02/2014 | Malari
    7 | 21/02/2014 | Curry Addict
    8 | 28/02/2014 | oscarBravo
    9 | 07/03/2014 | fitzcoff
    10 | 14/03/2014 | MugMugs
    11 | 21/03/2014 | juke
    12 | 28/03/2014 | Cheshire Cat
    13 | 04/04/2014 | Mrs Fox
    14 | 11/04/2014 | Wurly
    15 | 18/04/2014 | pampootie
    16 | 25/04/2014 | reallyrose
    17 | 02/05/2014 | hdowney
    18 | 09/05/2014 | ChewChew
    19 | 16/05/2014 | Tom Dunne

NB: If you would like to post your recipe at an earlier date than scheduled, then that's absolutely fine. It's best to let the mods know in advance if you're doing this! Post your recipe as normal, then report the post and ask for it to be deleted until it's required. We'll restore it at the appropriate date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Don't anticipate a problem with my date. Thanks Faith!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Malari wrote: »
    Don't anticipate a problem with my date. Thanks Faith!

I know I gave you Valentine's day, so if you want to post up early, feel free :).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

That's ok, Valentine's day is basically steak and chips in our house, very low-key ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Suits here, thanks Faith :) Now to decide on a recipe!

Sorry folks, I posted in a rush and forgot to add: This year, there is a change to the rules. After discussion, we have decided that pictures must be limited to a maximum of 5. We feel this is sufficient for showing the important parts, and doesn't make the thread a nightmare for mobile browsing. This is 5 per recipe, not 5 per post. Extra pictures after the first 5 will be deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

My date suits, thanks Faith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Date suits me, thanks Faith.

Regarding photo, would a collage be considered as one photo?

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Date suits me, thanks Faith.

Regarding photo, would a collage be considered as one photo?

We would allow a collage that's within reason. A few pictures merged together would be okay and would be allowed as "one", but if it was a lot of pictures, we'd have to decide on a case-by-case basis.

We know pictures are well intentioned but we all know how to do basic things like prepare and cook basic ingredients so there's no need to include pictures of chopping and frying an onion, for instance. It makes the recipe harder to follow, it's easier to miss steps as they're hidden between pictures and it's a nightmare to browse threads with lots of pictures on 3G. So we're just asking posters to be very selective with pictures to get the right balance between enhancing the recipe and clogging it up :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Just to say, once again, a huge thanks to the mods and organisers of this.

I probably won't be able to enter a recipe this year, due to an expected arrival late April, but we will, of course, continue to await each recipe as it goes up week to week, and will always post when we are cooking a recipe from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Perfect with me ... I'm so excited long time reader first time posting a recipe :) thanks for the chance, as it happens the recipe I'm going to do I'm making it tomorrow for dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Perfect for me. I'll write it up in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Date suits me fine, thanks Faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Great date. Now I have to decide which recipe to post. Decisions, decisions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

The date suits! Thanks Faith :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Volunteering to step in for a cancellation if you need :-)

Volunteering to step in for a cancellation if you need :-)

Thanks! You can sign up for a place in the next batch in a couple of months too if you'd like :).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I'm ready to go. All typed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Also volunteering to step in for a cancellation.

Finally discovered a recipe that isn't already in TCC. Fingers crossed nobody else makes it in the meantime...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Hi Folks. Due to illness I completely forgot I was to post my recipe today. I will get it up tomorrow. Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hi Folks. Due to illness I completely forgot I was to post my recipe today. I will get it up tomorrow. Apologies

Lucky you. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

If I don't get mine posted tonight I'll definitely post it tomorrow. Sorry, this week has been insane.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

No problem - thanks for letting us know :)

Advertisement