Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BREVILLE Hot Cup One-cup Hot Water Dispenser

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Does it dispense a preset amount or can the amount be set?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Does it dispense a preset amount or can the amount be set?

Looks like 250ml each go.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Looks like 250ml each go.

Shame that, I have an unusual amount of unusual size cups :( Would be nice to have it just remember the last fill, guess I'll just cancel the second fill.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Shame that, I have an unusual amount of unusual size cups :( Would be nice to have it just remember the last fill, guess I'll just cancel the second fill.

You cant cancel the fill once started releasing water. You can cancel it anytime during the boiling process. You can press it for the second time, into a second cup/jug and use what you want but might be more hassle than its worth.

Either get different mugs, or other the newer model that I linked in the first post, but it is twice the price. That has 9 settings for the size of the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Does it do proper boiling water for tea or is it just really hot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

stimpson wrote: »
    Does it do proper boiling water for tea or is it just really hot?

"The innovative patented technology ensures that water is only dispensed once it has reached boiling point, not simply very warm, but 100 degrees Celsius, making perfect hot drinks every time."

From reviews: "The Tefal gave hot water - the Breville is boiling! Better tea and easier mixing gravy. A real advantage for the Breville."

Big problem with it though is it always dispenses 250-300ml of water you can't stop it or adjust it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭woppi

I'm not seeing the model for £25 on the amazon website, but there is a newer model that is even better...

- 12 different preset volumes (not just 250ml)
    - Manual stop

Breville VKJ318

Not cheap though. currys.ie sell them for €84.99, the older VKJ142 model (as the OP already stated) is €49.99.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Seems like the price has gone back up!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Anyone know if there is a metal version of this available? Doesn't have to be Breville.

I don't trust plastic when heated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Weyhey wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is a metal version of this available? Doesn't have to be Breville.

I don't trust plastic when heated.

The water isn't boiled in the water container, its boiled in a metal block.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

woppi wrote: »
    I'm not seeing the model for £25 on the amazon website, but there is a newer model that is even better...

- 12 different preset volumes (not just 250ml)
    - Manual stop

Breville VKJ318

Not cheap though. currys.ie sell them for €84.99, the older VKJ142 model (as the OP already stated) is €49.99.

I have owned the VKJ318 for a few years, and highly recommend it. It actually has 9 cup size settings not 12, which i find handy. My brother owned the older model but said the water seems hotter out of the newer model.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Un-Expired

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

Back down to £25

Advertisement