Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slimline PS2 as a PC?!

Options
  • 10-04-2011 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Recently found an old slimline playstation 2 in a house I was clearing out .Literally just the box and a rather scratched copy of GTA4 and an 8mb memory card.Im reading that some games consoles can be used as weak (linux ) pc's.Im not even sure this thing works although it does power on with my original EEE701 power cable...Am I at a hiding to nothing playing around with this ?Is the only available output adaptor to pc monitor going to be 10-30 euro?Do PS2s take rough handling!?(Everything else in the house was wrecked by the residents ...)Is it worth anything?Theres no hdd inside the slimlines right?Would like a cheap easy project to mess around with but reckon the Pentium 3 pc I got from someone else might be less heartache and expense (server?etc?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You can put linux on a modern console aka, ps3 (if you didn't update it, Sony dropped support for that in newer updates), but both the PS2 and the Pentium 3 are dinosaurs, neither are worth anything as they passed their sell by date long ago.

Advertisement