Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Bass Systems

Options
  • 27-10-2004 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Any opinions on a good wireless system for bass? I'm thinking of the
    AKG -WMS GB 40 Guitar Bug. I hate leads, seriously, I HATE leads.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Tell me about it. I have a dream of a wireless recording studio...

AKG are good, I'd trust them above Senn or Shure tbh. Wireless systems are a lot more reliable these days than in the past, so I'd say go for it. Just resist the temptation to do it on the cheap. You get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

*has visions of spinal tap and wireless systems*

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ktoal

I just took delivery of my AKG -WMS GB 40 Guitar Bug yesterday... And I'm impressed. I was playing with it all last night and I couldn't see or hear any problems so far. I guess I won't really know until I gig with it. But I'll keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Cool, do. How does the signal strength / tone compare in a straight swap with a lead?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ktoal

The strengh seems ok. There are two gain controls, one of the Bug and the other on the receiver, which took me a bit of time to setup because I normally use my volume control to very the gain... But now I have three controls to worry about. the tone seems fine too, but a gig will reveil all.... I'll let you know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement