Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about voting...

Options
  • 24-02-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I live in a particular region in Dublin, however the politician I would like to vote for is in a different constituency/polling station. Can I still go into that polling station and vote for someone in a different area to where I live?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I live in a particular region in Dublin, however the politician I would like to vote for is in a different constituency/polling station. Can I still go into that polling station and vote for someone in a different area to where I live?

you can only vote where you are registered to vote

are you registered?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Riskymove wrote: »
    you can only vote where you are registered to vote

and then only for the candidates running in that constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭MissJustice

No I'm not registered to vote, but would really like to vote in this other area for this politician

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

No I'm not registered to vote, but would really like to vote in this other area for this politician

hard luck I am afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

The last day for registration to vote was 7th of Feb I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭paul71

If you are not registered you can't vote anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭MissJustice

Ok, thanks for letting me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭paul71

Ok, thanks for letting me know :)

As an aside MissJustice, please do register ASAP so you can vote next time.

Advertisement