Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Showe pump died....where can I get a new one

• 15-04-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have had a pumped power shower for around 20 years and my second pump has died on me today.The pump is a Techflow QT120 3 bar twin impeller unit and I think the original came from the UK. Where can I get a replacment unit in Ireland....south of the border ideally......anyone got any ideas.?
    TIA, John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Walker34 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have had a pumped power shower for around 20 years and my second pump has died on me today.The pump is a Techflow QT120 3 bar twin impeller unit and I think the original came from the UK. Where can I get a replacment unit in Ireland....south of the border ideally......anyone got any ideas.?
    TIA, John

Where abouts are you?

If it's another techflow the answer is i don't know.

If it's a more common brand your looking for, try DPL, Heatmerchants, Chadwicks or any plumbing supply shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Hi,
    thanks for reply Jonnie...........they were taken over by Stuart turner in the lat 90s I think.........so agents for ST would have them. I think I have one on ebay but would prefer to go to a regular outlet. Is ther a Stuart Turner agent in Dublin anywhere??.....prolly Chadwicks or Modern Plant??.
    John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Hi,
    thanks for reply Jonnie...........they were taken over by Stuart turner in the lat 90s I think.........so agents for ST would have them. I think I have one on ebay but would prefer to go to a regular outlet. Is ther a Stuart Turner agent in Dublin anywhere??.....prolly Chadwicks or Modern Plant??.
    John

Modern Plant do not sell complete pumps over the counter.
    If you are based in Dublin then ring around all the plumbing suppliers, you will be surprised at some of the differences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Went to Chadwicks and they have a few......my existing pump was a 3bar unit now Im lookin at a 2.0 bar or even a 1.5 bar Mira. I have my own water meter which I installed in Nov 2012, and the house has used an average of 2.4 cu/m or 2400 liters of water a week since then. I hope the quota the government issues is close to that or I will be looking for a 1 liter/hour shower pump........or even using the mains pressure and NO pump.......Anyone else know what their averave household usage is.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Went to Chadwicks and they have a few......my existing pump was a 3bar unit now Im lookin at a 2.0 bar or even a 1.5 bar Mira. I have my own water meter which I installed in Nov 2012, and the house has used an average of 2.4 cu/m or 2400 liters of water a week since then. I hope the quota the government issues is close to that or I will be looking for a 1 liter/hour shower pump........or even using the mains pressure and NO pump.......Anyone else know what their averave household usage is.?

You could use two pressure reducing valve's on the outlets reducing the flow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement