Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wait. Where did I get those 7 minutes from?

• 12-03-2009 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

A strange thing happened to me this morning...

I was shocked to look down at my watch on the way to work and see that I had 7 extra minutes than usual to play with during my stressed-out walkjog from Pearse station to work. Somewhere during my morning routine somebody got their finger out. Unusual for an Irish work commute.

Has anyone ever experienced this, or are you in that much of a hurry everywhere? Are we that time-constrained that we actually notice an extra couple of minutes to ourselves, or know what to do with them?

p.s. If you're interested I spent my 7 minutes confusedly looking at the shiny new watch that a friend got me in Thailand last week, trying to figure out where I'd gained the time.

I was subsequently bollocked for being late.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'm always 2 minutes late.

what happens is I reckon the last long 2 mile straight to work takes 1 minute to complete..and it does, when there's no traffic on it.

If I arrive for work early it's always a big event, balloons, fireworks, cake..the whole lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ClioV6 wrote: »
    If I arrive for work early it's always a big event, baloons, fireworks, cake..the whole lot.

Me too... although I do work in a Balloon, Firework and Cake factory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Happens to me the odd time but anytime it does I end up deciding I have time to stop in the shop. Then I take 10 minutes tryin to figure out what I want so I end up later then I would have originally been. Damn you time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

consultech wrote: »

I was shocked to look down at my watch on the way to work and see that I had 7 extra minutes than usual to play with during my stressed-out walkjog from Pearse station to work. Somewhere during my morning routine somebody got their finger out. Unusual for an Irish work commute.

Has anyone ever experienced this, or are you in that much of a hurry everywhere? Are we that time-constrained that we actually notice an extra couple of minutes to ourselves, or know what to do with them?

p.s. If you're interested I spent my 7 minutes confusedly looking at the shiny new watch that a friend got me in Thailand last week, trying to figure out where I'd gained the time.

Maybe you never did get the extra few minutes, maybe the watch is wrong because its a cheap knock off from Thailand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Indie18 wrote: »
    Maybe you never did get the extra few minutes, maybe the watch is wrong because its a cheap knock off from Thailand.

2885234150_d732be4cb9.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

meh, I'm always 30 mins early for work...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I think you may have gained 7 minutes due to skipping your normal mourning routine of aphixation masterbation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sounds very Will Smith.

I once skipped a day before. dont know how it happened, it was weird. it was more date orientated than day specific. I was living 1 day in the past yet it was my present. Reality was that everyone around me was living in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

faceman wrote: »
    Sounds very Will Smith.

I once skipped a day before. dont know how it happened, it was weird. it was more date orientated than day specific. I was living 1 day in the past yet it was my present. Reality was that everyone around me was living in the future.

Crystal meth is a hell of a drug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I think you may have gained 7 minutes due to skipping your normal mourning routine of aphixation masterbation.

Ahh. The ol asphixiwank.

Always use a spotter/team-mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Ahh. The ol asphixiwank.

just make sure he doesn't get photos of both your purple heads as he unties the knots round your neck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I find if I leave my house at 9 it takes me half an hour to get to work.

But if I leave at 9.20 it only takes me 20 to 25 minutes to get to work.

I have therefore surmised that air resistance and/or gravity somehow changes about 9.15 every morning and enables me to move quicker to the LUAS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ahh. The ol asphixiwank.

+1. And never leave the rope in place in excess of 2 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

javaboy wrote: »
    +1. And never leave the rope in place in excess of 2 minutes.

INXS.....am I the only one who got that? Hiiiiiighoooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Yess, yes you are. Have a cookie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

ClioV6 wrote: »
    I'm always 2 minutes late.

what happens is I reckon the last long 2 mile straight to work takes 1 minute to complete..and it does, when there's no traffic on it.

If I arrive for work early it's always a big event, balloons, fireworks, cake..the whole lot.

so you drive at 120mph!?
    damn. i'm never that eager to get to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

I used to always be two minutes late for everything. So I set my watch two minute early. That worked for a day or two ... but then I started taking those two minutes I set it early by into account, and started being late again. So then I wound back my watch another two minutes, but started taking those into account too ... yep, it's a vicious circle.

Now I'm even later for everything, and if anyone asks me what time it is my watch is about half an hour early :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

aoibhebree wrote: »
    I used to always be two minutes late for everything. So I set my watch two minute early. That worked for a day or two ... but then I started taking those two minutes I set it early by into account, and started being late again. So then I wound back my watch another two minutes, but started taking those into account too ... yep, it's a vicious circle.

Now I'm even later for everything, and if anyone asks me what time it is my watch is about half an hour early :(

Think you need help........>>>> HELP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm either really late or really early for everything, I can't do on time.

Advertisement