Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL PSU Elections and SU Elections

Options
  • 22-01-2015 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Has anyone heard any rumours of who's running for the PSU Presidential Election as its on in Week 4 (or 5?) or any of the SU positions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

who cares once that parasite of a current incumbent is removed from office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hello4seasons!

Rumour has it that he is considering running again...

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I have from a very reliable source a list of names of candidates for the Sabbats, though I've been promised not to tell. What I do know is that Tommy, Shane and Mike aren't down for re-election yet. From what I know Shane won't be running, and neither will Mike as he has been offered a Masters program somewhere else. Haven't the foggiest about Tommy or the PSU president

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Is John Cambridge on that list iLaura?

#stillwaitingforgreatwhitehope

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Is John Cambridge on that list iLaura?

#stillwaitingforgreatwhitehope

Not that I remember anyways :P There were only about 5 names on the list today between the different positions. Though I can see that change in the next couple of days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Shane has been an absolute joke of an incumbent. I know two people who met him in relation to financial assistance and he then completely ignored them afterwards, ignoring all emails and forms of contact in spite of the fact he promised he would help then. Obviously I have a small sample size just happening to know two people who he treated incredibly badly but it's enough of a sample size for me to pass judgment.

There will more then likely be someone from Clubs, someone from Societies and someone from Student Council and one or two randomers will crawl out of the woodwork. Shane is currently sitting on the ERB as fair as I'm aware.

Will the Wolverine Wolfpack surface again?

There will more then likely be someone from Clubs, someone from Societies and someone from Student Council and one or two randomers will crawl out of the woodwork. Shane is currently sitting on the ERB as fair as I'm aware.

Will the Wolverine Wolfpack surface again?

I can confirm that one nominee is from a club, one is from just student council and another is from a club and a student council. One is a past member of student council also.

Brain Stewart from the Club,
    One of the sabts from just student council or someone from SU Exec,
    Mark Nother from Past Student Council,
    Very few people are on student council and involved in clubs....

Kate Stewart from Socs and Council?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

There will more then likely be someone from Clubs, someone from Societies and someone from Student Council and one or two randomers will crawl out of the woodwork.

So someone from C/S and someone involved in Student council......anyone voting for the third option?

Who would you consider to be the 3rd option? Shane and Tommy would both have fallen into the 'other' category...

Who would you consider to be the 3rd option? Shane and Tommy would both have fallen into the 'other' category...

Using those two as an example, the 'other' category is apparently teachers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MiceAndMen

Any other teachers we know involved in C&S/the Union?

Isn't Laura Ní Scheallaigh a teacher and involved with the union? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MiceAndMen

I imagine ILaura could tell us herself if she was interested.

Isn't Laura Ní Scheallaigh a teacher and involved with the union? Thoughts?

It appears I have been discovered :P and by my facebook name too...
    But nah, I most definitely am NOT running for any positions, nor do I have any interests in running. I just know a lot of people around campus who know things :P

I heard a few names been thrown around at C&S council tonight, rumour has it that that 2 of C&S exec are running for the same position... The plot thickens

PSU nominations close on Friday. Any rumours going about? I heard Seamus may be going again.

PSU nominations close on Friday. Any rumours going about? I heard Seamus may be going again.

I doubt he'll be voted in again. He does feck all work that he's meant to and I know the majority of postgrads are reeeeeeeeeeally unhappy with him

• Advertisement

What happens if hes the only option? Or will RON be used?

What happens if hes the only option? Or will RON be used?

I haven't a clue what would happen tbh, but I hope he isn't the only candidate.

PSU President nominees 2015-2016

Electoral Referendum Board is happy to announce the following candidates for the position of ULPSU President:

Sean McKillen – PhD History
    Jaymie Small - Postgraduate in Interactive Media

No nominations were received for the PSU Vice President Treasurer Role.

Voting will take place online vote ulsu ie on Thursday 19th 7am- 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Spotted on SU Facebook page. Sean McKillen elected to PSU. There were only 99 votes in total.....yikes!

10999008_10153152664597787_607330481651733135_n.jpg?oh=7c980c44ebe67ba8fbee67ea93cc7c6e&oe=557981EB&__gda__=1435740884_a0b9b5235b9a4b193264958ceff00b2c

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

He are deemed elected. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Maybe its because I spend all my day in Kemmy but there didn't seem to be much campaigning this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mary_virgin

Worst kept secret in SU Tadgh O'Donovan running for prez. Will anyone oppose that amount of rugby muscle? Presumably Mark Nother from last year.

Ive heard:
    Ciara Corcoran - psychology student, on SU council or welfare team or something
    Sinead Reilly - Also psychology
    Vanessa O'Brien - Digital Media Design (???) president of drama soc
    Jean Langford - business, big in international society

Rumors of Kevin Cahir & Marian O'Donnell for academic. Massive C&S heads both of them so that would be interesting...

Any other wild rumors?

Tadgh for prez really?!?!

Isn't Mark only going into third year in September, will he defer another year to run again or wait till next year?

I wondering how Marian's political involvement with YFG will stand to her, or the kayak muscle behind Kevin...

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

I wouldn't feel comfortable with a Fine Gaeler being Academic.

• Advertisement

President Candidates:
    Colin Clarke – 4th yr BA Joint Honours
    Stephen McGuinness – 4th yr BSc Wood Science and Technology
    Tadgh O’Donovan – 4th yr BSc Science Education

Deputy President, Welfare Candidates:
    Ciara Corcoran – 4th yr BSc Psychology
    Vanessa O’Brien - 4th yr BSc Digital Media & Design
    Danielle O’Sullivan - 4th yr BA Law Plus

Vice President, Academic Candidates:
    Kevin Cahir – 4th yr BE Civil Engineering
    Thomas Egan – 4th yr BSc Energy
    Marian O’Donnell – 4th yr BA History Politics and Social Sciences[/quote]