Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

courses in hill picket studios wicklow

Options
  • 18-12-2010 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Let me preface this by saying I am not affiliated with the following organisation and have no experience with them whatsoever. A friend of mine sent on this link for what looks like interesting woodwork courses, I'm not sure how deep into the county of Wicklow they are but it might be reachable from other parts of the country.
    I know that myself and others in the past have been looking for woodwork courses that were are more than just an intro to basic joint making so I am passing this on as I believe that anybody looking to encourage woodworking should get all the support the can.
    Have a look at the website;

http://www.hillpicketstudio.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Looks good Ennisa,hows things?you working on anything exciting?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ennisa

Hi Aerosol, no things are really quiet, to be honest I have had the workshop closed up for a while now, we were doing some work on the house so it was full of paint tins etc.. and as I have no heating in there it's pretty cold at the moment so it will be spring before I get back in. The last thing I did was a desktop for myself. Just some white oak jointed together into a 2 1/2 ' by 4' slab. I had intended building legs for it out of 2" oak, I bought it but then I could not decide what kind of legs to make and I didn't want to waste it on a half baked idea so I put it aside and just sat the top on a couple of IKEA trestles till i decide what to do.

You got any suggestions for desk legs? I was thinking nice chunky mission style/arts and crafts style legs on a run of the mill table build, aprons and Mortise and tennons. I built a desk previously for a friend and made shelves for legs but that is not much use in my case as I don't have the room to make use of the shelves so they are a bit of a waste.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Advertisement