Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mezzanine floor - Retail Unit

Options
  • 30-08-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I've a client who wishes to install a new 500ft² Mezzanine floor in his shop unit for storage use.

I've established from the local authority that it requires an FSC and DAC application but can't get a planner on the phone.

I have a vague recollection of an old An Bord Pleanala decision that this type of mezzanine floor was exempt from planning but can't find a reference for it anywhere.

Short of making a Section 5 application does anyone have any experience with this type of proposal? Does it need planning or is it exempt?

I suspect it does.

thanks
    BAZ

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Think of it this way :

If the original Planning Application had it shown, the developer would be charged levies and fees on that additional floor space, so i would imagine planning would be required.

The FSC and DAC is a Building Control issue, so the planner will not be able to offer any further advice on those.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭RITwing

I was invloved in a fit out @ the Liffey Valley SC back in '98.
    We did have to apply for planning permsision for a similar area of storage mezz.
    IIRC I think the management company insisted on it so there was no point in seeing "if we had to" or not under planning legislation .
    FSC was required ( DAC was not applicable back then)

Advertisement