Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BETA: Course not recognised ?

• 28-08-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

Just got a letter in the post saying my application was unsuccessful. The reason that is given is

"The course you intend doing is not recognised for BETA (third level option) purposes"

I am just a bit confused as I can see no reason why the course would not be recognised :confused: The course is a postgrad in NUIG called Health Promotions.

I can't appeal this decision but the letter says I can make a written request to have my case reviewed by another officer.

I am a sad panda

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Looks like your course award is either an MA or a P.Dip, which BTEA don't pay for. Will pay for a H.Dip or a Masters in Education
    Check out this citizens info page here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Thank you for the info.

"You can get the Back to Education Allowance for a postgraduate course of study that leads to a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) qualification in any discipline"

The course I am intending on doing is a Higher Diploma, so should it be included or is the BETA strictly for people doing teaching?

Sorry for being so clueless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I know it USED to be just h.dips in edu but the but you have quoted SOUNDS like as long as the qual is a h.dip that it is payable for any discipline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

JJayoo wrote: »
    Thank you for the info.

"You can get the Back to Education Allowance for a postgraduate course of study that leads to a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) qualification in any discipline"

The course I am intending on doing is a Higher Diploma, so should it be included or is the BETA strictly for people doing teaching?

Sorry for being so clueless
    hdowney wrote: »
    I know it USED to be just h.dips in edu but the but you have quoted SOUNDS like as long as the qual is a h.dip that it is payable for any discipline

BTEA will support H. Dip's in any discipline, but according to the NUIG Website, the course JJayoo is discussing is a P.Dip. Apparently there is a difference, between the two:
    There is a distinction between a postgraduate diploma (PDip) and a higher diploma (HDip). A PDip is Level 9; a HDip is Level 8.

From NUIG here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Ahhhh balls, thanks for the help guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement