Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

So, so glad I didn't stay for the whole 12 Pubs. There was a battle of Milton-esque epicness to decide whether I would stay on or not last night. Now I can enjoy my dinner, instead of telling everyone I have a bad headache and spooning it secretively into my shirt when no-one's looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Found a good alternative for this wrapping malarkey:
    Wrapping = turning shopping bags inside out to hide gifts point of origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Found a good alternative for this wrapping malarkey:
    Instead of folding up the ends of the paper, most of the time I just twist them up so it looks sort of like a Christmas cracker, then lap sellotape around it. Works well for anything you can get into the right shape, not great for books and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Loving my boyfriend for the necklace and candyfloss maker he gave me for Christmas. It's keeping me entertained. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Designing some cards while listening to one of my favourite albums on vinyl, all thanks to a special lady. Merry Christmas everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Wrapped my presents in under 3 minutes flat. Like a boss.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Happy Christmas, etc.

MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIENDS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

My Christmas Eve was so nice (even though I was working, <3 everyone there) and Christmas Day will hopefully continue in the same way and my friends have stopped their shenanigans and are being good, reliable people once more which is good. I've said it before but my life would be close to superb at the moment if I could just get ID. And reap the benefits of studying for the next week and a half after Christmas without actually studying. But yeah, overall, s'all good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I love Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just popping in to say Merry Christmas kids :)
    Behave :pac:

Here's to 2013. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Happy Davidius Appreciation Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Had a really good Christmas. Got to watch Christmas movies with my sister last night, have the chats with my whole family (which is very rare since I only see my brother a couple of times a year), visit my cousins and become bestest buddies with my little 4 year old cousin I never probably saw before :)

And on top of all that my mother bought me clothes to replace the ones my old landlord threw out and my brother gave me some money to buy more clothes. I also got a lava lamp, a rubix cube and a harddrive.

All in all, a good Christmas!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I've always been a person to say 'What if', 'What happens if', 'What would so and so think' and every other kind of sentence along those lines before doing nearly anything.

The past few weeks I've been thinking a lot and this is a part of me I'm now done with, It was great when I was younger, have never smoked, didn't drink till I was 18 etc but I think now it's time to forget about this kinda stuff.

Even posting this is something I wouldn't have done before cause I'd think 'What if so and so saw it' but I no longer care and this is my yeah :D

Happy Christmas folks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

New headphones are a mixed bag. All my low quality music (and by low quality I mean 320kbps MP3) now sounds rubbish, but my lossless-encoded music sounds amazing. I don't think I've ever heard Nicolas Jaar this beautifully before :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I went shopping today, and was fairly successful. Everything I bought was half price, and it was all the good stuff that I normally couldn't afford :) A better yaaah is that my cousin got a unicycle for Christmas and it's amazing! I can't really use it without breaking myself, but it's really fun nonetheless :D I got juggling balls... Is our family trying to suggest something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Bought a load of clothes in the sales. They should have cost me €62 but managed to get them for €29. Who doesn't love a bargain?

Now to find somewhere to wear them to......

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Bought a load of clothes in the sales. They should have cost me €62 but managed to get them for €29. Who doesn't love a bargain?

Now to find somewhere to wear them to......

Ooooh nice one, what shops you venture into?

Quite happy with my online buying on River Island, the tough decision of whether I need more clothes (ie NewLook) or horse riding things is the next conundrum!!

EDIT: Also, got invited to a party I was praying and buzzing for :P Now Im ecstatic YEAHHH BOIIII :D

deise_girl wrote: »

Ooooh nice one, what shops you venture into
    All the stuff I bought was from New Look. I love new clothes so much <3

I'm in a surprisingly good mood today in general. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Was gonna' do College work on NYE, but It seems I'll be partying, how bad! :)

Loving this new, bigger mug I got for Christmas. Loads more tea. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Got a beautiful pair of Sennheisers <3

No work tomorrow and probable lunch with one of my friends makes Maura a very happy girl.

Also, Christmas hasn't sucked as much as I thought it would. Have made reasonable effort to meet up with my fiends and to get on with my family. Haven't gotten into any arguments and don't have that much work either.

Need to sort my resolutions for the New Year but I can see it being a good'un.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

New headphones are a mixed bag. All my low quality music (and by low quality I mean 320kbps MP3) now sounds rubbish, but my lossless-encoded music sounds amazing. I don't think I've ever heard Nicolas Jaar this beautifully before :D
    What headphones are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Saw Life of Pi today, and thoroughly enjoyed it :D It was great adaptation of the novel, very few liberties taken with it, but I'd recommend reading the novel first, it would have been easy to get lost through it otherwise.

Yet again I am in love with bargain shopping. Picked up a Jasper Conran dress over here in Debenhams in England for £22.50 when it was originally £75. So that's about €90 down to €30. Hello debs dress.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yet again I am in love with bargain shopping. Picked up a Jasper Conran dress over here in Debenhams in England for £22.50 when it was originally £75. So that's about €90 down to €30. Hello debs dress.

Awww I wish I had my debs dress :(
    Whats it like??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Suitcase packed and I'm off to the land of central heating and high speed internet in a few hours!

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »

Awww I wish I had my debs dress :(
    Whats it like??
    It's a kind of creamy colour halterneck with pink and orange hexagon shapes on it. As soon as I find/take a picture I will head to the purchases thread.

My yaaahhh for the day: panadols are wonder tablets. I felt like I was dying there for a while.

Advertisement