Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best moisturiser with an SPF

Options
  • 30-08-2014 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you can help. I'm looking for a moisturiser that is oil free and has a spf. Hoping to get something that doesn't break the bank aswell. I'd appreciate any recommendations!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

I'd highly recommend you get a normal moisturiser and a separate suncream as you are most likely not getting full coverage from the SPF in your moisturiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭waterfordgirl

I'd highly recommend you get a normal moisturiser and a separate suncream as you are most likely not getting full coverage from the SPF in your moisturiser.

Thanks, but i really want it to be one product.. for winter i wouldnt be bothered with the effort of using two seperate creams!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I use the vitamin E moisturiser from Boots. I think it has spf 15 in it. Not sure about it being oil free but it soaks into my skin nice and quickly and it's only about 3 euros or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

I'd highly rrecommend you use two separate creams as even in the winter you can still get sun damaged. This sun damages darkens any hyper pigmentation you might have and cause premature aging.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah, I use a separate sunscreen and moisturiser all year long. The sunscreen I use is this.. Some people use it as a moisturiser and suncream, but it would never be enough for me as I have quite dry skin. Might be fine for you though if it is oily!

I'm a big fan Eucerin products and they do make a moisturiser with suncream. Looks like it would be okay for oily skin! Not greasy. Find it here..

La Roche-Posay are always rated well too. Anthelios AC SPF30 Anti-Shine Matte Fluid might suit you! Generally much cheaper to buy online.

Sorry I just realised you said you want oil free, not that you have oily skin :o All the above would still be suitable though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

have being using a moisturiser with SPF for a number of years, but now hitting 40 decided to do 2 seperate creams, but the question i have is, which do you put on first, the suncream or moisturiser ? sorry if that seems a bit silly but i would like to do get the maximum benifit from the 2

Suncream first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Birdsong wrote: »
    have being using a moisturiser with SPF for a number of years, but now hitting 40 decided to do 2 seperate creams, but the question i have is, which do you put on first, the suncream or moisturiser ? sorry if that seems a bit silly but i would like to do get the maximum benifit from the 2

I use moisturiser first, you want that as close to your skin as possible for it to be most effective. SPF is a barrier, it doesn't react in anyway to the skin, it just creates a shield between you and the sun so it shouldn't matter how close to the skin it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

Birdsong wrote: »

Moisturiser first!

I've read a good few articles that said sunscreen first. Maybe I should switch :o

• Advertisement

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I've read a good few articles that said sunscreen first. Maybe I should switch :o

Did the articles say why sunscreen should be first?

I could easily be wrong, but I can't think of any logical reason why sunscreen should go on first.

I can't remember why. I did a search online there and every site seems to say something different. Here is one example: http://beautifulwithbrains.com/2010/08/31/what-should-i-apply-first-moisturizer-or-sunscreen/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I use moisturiser with suncream, then an spf, no point imo in blocking it with a moisturiser.

I was wrong. Thanks for the link Lia_lia. Did a bit more looking into it just to be sure and found a few sources that state that chemical sunscreen needs direct contact with skin to work, I found nothing that disputed that claim either.

According to Caroline Hirons moisturiser goes on first.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

This Works In Transit spf 30 is great- very moisturising and had broad spectrum sun protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Thanks for the replies everyone, bought the boots vitamin e cream today!

Advertisement