Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA college fee?

Options
  • 28-08-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hey, I've been accepted for BTEA, but I'm just wondering if they still pay towards your college fee ? and how much it is ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

As far as im aware, they dont pay anything towards your fees. Just your weekly payement

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Really? is this just a new thing ? I know they used to pay some amount towards it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

AFAIK you apply to SUSI for assistance towards your college/registration fees

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

It used to be 500, then reduced to 300 but now i think the done away it it completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Not sure what you mean by fees, those are paid by susi if third level...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

dharma200 wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by fees, those are paid by susi if third level...

This is a PLC , The lady I was talking to told me that they pay some amount towards it, but I'll ring up and see what the story is tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Dowl88

Do a springboard course?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Ok, no they stopped giving any book allowance or that two years ago.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

If you have a medical card for a PLC course some of the costs are waived.

I did a PLC course last year and the €100 registration fee was waived with a medical card. I still had to pay the €150 contribution fee tho.

Advertisement