Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Products for lightening skin discolouration

Options
  • 25-08-2014 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

A few years ago my gp informed me I have acanthosis nigricans, which is basically dark skin in certain parts of the body. Mine in particular is around my neck and under my arms. I've recently noticed that it's getting way worse under my arms. When I say I noticed I mean my younger sister did and she thinks it's the funniest thing ever. Now I'm so paranoid about it. Just wondering does anyone know of any tips they have for lightening skin naturally. I've tried making a lemon paste and letting it soak in on my skin but it had no real effect. So if anyone else could suggest any products or homemade remedies I'd really appreciate it.

Btw my gp says it's nothing to worry about and has dismissed me when I bring it up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭NickyL

I'm currently doing the ZO regimen for hyperpigmentation on my face. So far it's working really well, but I'm not sure if that's the same thing you have.
    I have used Clearskin - maybe book a consultation with their nurse to check.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

I'd suggest that you bring this up with your doctor and tell them that you want a cream to treat it. They should be able to prescribe you a topical cream to fix it.

Advertisement