Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Question

Options
  • 16-08-2014 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hey i was just awarded Btea and Im currently claiming money for a dependant and also rent allowance. So i was wondering if i will continue getting the dependant payment and rent allowance while on Btea?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

I kept my Rent Allowance payment when I moved onto BTEA, so I'd imagine you will.

I know nothing about claiming for a dependant, but I can't see any reason why they'd cut you.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlexDublin

tyrion1234 wrote: »
    Hey i was just awarded Btea and Im currently claiming money for a dependant and also rent allowance. So i was wondering if i will continue getting the dependant payment and rent allowance while on Btea?

Thanks

I also continued to receive rent allowance after I transferred onto BTEA. No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Sorry to hijack your thread, but just wondering how long it took for you to receive confirmation on your BTEA application?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlexDublin

I remember being frustrated at how close to starting college the whole thing was. I had wanted to apply way earlier but that wasnt the way they worked it in my office. They asked for it after a certain date I think. I think I applied two weeks before college started and got my acceptance letter the next week.

Advertisement