Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 23 match day thread

Options
  • 31-01-2015 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

After a well earned break we are all eager to get this game week started. I have feeling this could be a very non standard week with Chelsea v city, Sanchez out and an out of form united playing Leicester. Who will pull in the big points this week and who will blank? Your guess is as a good as mine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Hopefully rvp does the business for me. think he'll gdt a goal or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

All wildcarded and good to go, with a couple of last minute changes which I'll leave for a surprise for Rikand later.

Good to have two weeks of wildcard scheming over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

So is Sanchez 100% out?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Will discover today if the WC that was activated, on the saturday afternoon of the last GW, was worth it.

Still was making changes last night on the News of Costas ban, could still make one or two more before 11.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

So is Sanchez 100% out?

Arsenal have so many mf options. I can't see why they would risk him against villa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭G1032

I'm going to stick with both Silva and Downing for this week. It'd take a minus 4 to get rid of either so I'll leave it. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fenson

Foster
    Wisdom, Gardos, Sakho, PVA
    Hazard, Sterling, di Maria (vc)
    Kane, Giroud (c), Aguero

Bench: Sanchez, Boyd, Hutton.

It is okey? I really hope that Spurs do nothing today becouse of my WBA defs, so I was thinking to switch Kane with Boyd. However its to risky, this guy could be a goalmachine. Last night did Costa -> Giroud and he is my captain option. Lets get it started! I have really missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Don't have a great feeling about this week. I went for Rooney over Giroud as my Costa replacement, but I'm very uncertain about the choice.

Forster
    Wisdom Hutton Bellerin
    Sterling Silva Hazard Sanchez
    Kane Aguero Rooney

1) Going to leave Sanchez in the team in case a miracle happens; Boyd will replace him

2) Not happy about Hutton in there, but the alternative is N.Taylor

3) Still torn on captaincy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Morning lads/lasses. Great to have it back! Well, that is until 4:50pm when we all want to throw ourselves out the window. :pac: I line-up as follows:

50a352b3b4f4a00fbe5d2212a5a024f1.png

Pretty happy with this side this gameweek.

Bench is strong if Sanchez or Ivanovic don't play, but my only worry is that Arsenal are struggling to break down Villa and Wenger throws Alexis on for a 10 minute, 1 point cameo. I cannot risk not starting him in case he does start however! Surely he will start or not at all with the hamstring injury? Really hoping my Johnson punt works out for both FPL and real-life reasons as Sunderland badly need a win today!

Good luck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

You know it is going to be a bad week when only 2 of your players are in the Scout picks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ADM v Leicester, have to get something out of that surely.

Other pondering is Cresswell v Liverpool, or Wisdom v Spurs and Kane (one of my fwds)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You know it is going to be a bad week when only 2 of your players are in the Scout picks.

Look at it more so from a coverage point of view for their defensive picks.

For example, I don't have Pantilimon but do have van Aanholt who is likely to play instead of hamstrung Sanchez, therefore I'd count that as one. If I had Clyne I'd be counting him for their Bertrand pick. I have 6 using that method. Sunderland, Southampton, Jones, Hazard, Giroud and Pelle.

I wouldn't get too caught up on it though. They've changed the selection method this year so no longer just pick the best players for any given gameweek. They get 4 or 5 people to pick a side and the FF Scout community and then balance it off. Some of the Scout Picks sides they've put together only cost around £90m. There won't be too many with £10m left in their bank each week!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Went mad a took a 12 point hit

Foster
    Terry-Jones-Bertrand
    Hazard-Cazorla-ADM-Puncheon
    Aguero-kane-Giroud(c)

Myhill- Boyd-Hutton-PVA

Would ye start Puncheon or PVA?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    Morning lads/lasses. Great to have it back! Well, that is until 4:50pm when we all want to throw ourselves out the window. :pac: I line-up as follows:

50a352b3b4f4a00fbe5d2212a5a024f1.png

Pretty happy with this side this gameweek.

Bench is strong if Sanchez or Ivanovic don't play, but my only worry is that Arsenal are struggling to break down Villa and Wenger throws Alexis on for a 10 minute, 1 point cameo. I cannot risk not starting him in case he does start however! Surely he will start or not at all with the hamstring injury? Really hoping my Johnson punt works out for both FPL and real-life reasons as Sunderland badly need a win today!

Good luck all.

Great FFS piece on Johnson and Sunderland's potential. I've decided to go for a punt with him myself. I saw somebody on here mention 3 home games in the next 4 so hopefully he grabs some points.

It allows me to bank 2 million for future moves as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Disregard my previous post. In a fit of madness, wildcard played:

6x8Kbk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Would ye start Puncheon or PVA?

Puncheon for me, all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Panti
    Terry PVA Fonte
    Ward-Prowse Sanchez(C) ADM(V) Cazorla Hazard
    Kane Aguero

Subs: Hamer, Cameron Wasi Costa

-4. Sunderland cleanie please, and Kane to outscore Pelle and take away WBA cleanie in the process! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Going with this, just my gut feeling and holding my wildcard till next week.
    Could be lots of green or lots of red come on United, City, West Ham and Villa!

Guzan,
    Clichy, Hutton, Jones, Cresswell,
    Di Maria (C),Hazard, Silva,
    Rooney, Kane, Peile
    Subs Hamer, Wisdom, Sanchez and Wanyama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Krul
    Terry Bertrand PVA
    Sanchez Cazorla(c) ADM Hazard
    Aguero Pelle Kane

Baird to come in if Sanchez doesn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Are people starting Sanchez in the hope that he plays? Doesn't look like he will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Hart
    Terry C.Davies Duff
    Sanchez Hazard Di Maria Silva
    Aguero Kane Defoe(c)

Downing Naylor Hutton

Really should have used my wildcard as my teams falling apart but keeping it until next week, took a punt on Defoe instead this week, having a poor season so what the hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Sanchez to Cazrola last min YEEEEEEEEEEEEOW

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

De Gea
    Wisdom - Baines - O'Shea
    Hazard (vc) - Sanchez - ADM - Walcott (c)
    Aguero - Kane - Austin

Subs: Boyd - Hutton - Clark

Captain Theo. This is the week we'll see whether our fling over January becomes more permanent or not. I'm terrified but I can't let this opportunity escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Could be a lot of differentials in my main league today and its slightly worrying to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

Already started off on a bad foot this week. Made my free transfer before Costa went and stood all over Liverpool and got his ban. So I'm minus him today and Sanchez is injured too. Replacements are caroll and puncheon.

And while I'm ****ed I just went ahead and captained caroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Foster
    Wollschied Pva Jones
    Ramsey silva sanchez adm hazard
    Aguero Kane
    Ings to come in for sanchez adm captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

WC played, ended up with:

Panti
    Wolly Terry Clyne
    Hazard(vc) Sanchez Sterling Punch
    Aguero Giroud(c) Pelle

McCarthy PvA Baird Cork

Really need Sterling and Punch to do the business today since I chose them over every other midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Delighted that 11.30 arrived, that was a stressful old Saturday morning playing the wildcard and trying to decide on a captain. Need a lie down now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Shiny new wildcard team.

Pantilimon
    Terry - Van Aanholt - Bertrand
    Hazard - Di Maria (V) - Sanchez - Eriksen
    Austin - Giroud(C) - Aguero

Subs: Hamer - Boyd - Wisdom - Wasilewski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Obertan starts :eek: edit: on bench! But still!

Advertisement